Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
From what I can see this is a touchy subject. Some people like the colours some people hate them, I personally hate them.

I approached this the wrong way with my first post and it got booted, I apologize for that. I didn't mean to insult anybody, I'm not bashing BRP at all. I would ride a pink Ski-doo anyday before riding the rest.

Just because I don't like the colours doesn't mean I don't like BRP. I do believe they're the leader in powersports and I wouldn't ride anything else. But man the colours are hideous!

What do you think about the colours?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I could be wrong but I think they are apealing to the younger crowd. Marketing must have told them that's the way to go

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
In my opinion I see the colors more appealing to the younger crowd and backcountry/mountain riders. Most trail riders aren't going to like the bright orange, yellow, and green color schemes. These days I feel like each company is going to do whatever they can to stand out and get people talking. Its obviously working because for every thread made in the last two days there is at least one color thread!

If you don't like the purple Freeride don't buy one. If you're upset that the 174" only comes in yellow maybe you care too much about aesthetics and not enough about performance. But no need to complain about every color combo!

Edit: In general, not trying to chirp the OP

Reactions: Renelander

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could be wrong but I think they are apealing to the younger crowd. Marketing must have told them that's the way to go
I want to know where these young guys are getting their money for 16,000$ sleds. LOL

I'm in my early 30's and these colours don't appeal to me, I really don't want to be flashy, I don't like the attention it brings. The colours scream: "Hey! Look at me I'm a badass Freeride!" and I don't want that. I would rather have a boring black sleeper sled, they'll notice its a badass Freeride when I pass them on a catwalk, don't worry. lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
16K is easy to come by if you have no mortgage or kids.

If you buy new every 2 years. 8K a year. I guess it depends where you live and what your cost of living is though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't like the purple Freeride don't buy one. If you're upset that the 174" only comes in yellow maybe you care too much about aesthetics and not enough about performance. But no need to complain about every color combo!
I'll buy the Barney edition Freeride, I don't have a choice. It's either BRP or snowshoes.

I actually like every other colour scheme but the Freeride..... Of course because that's the one I want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cause......they don't like him on that site either....
ID just get rid of him and his threads already....I see you lurking :ninja: :ninja:
Why are you guys hating me so much because I want to discuss a legit topic in a forum???

fo·rum

ˈfôrəm/

noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I guess we're only suppose to discuss topics that appeal to you senior members?

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
From what I can see this is a touchy subject. Some people like the colours some people hate them, I personally hate them.

I approached this the wrong way with my first post and it got booted, I apologize for that. I didn't mean to insult anybody, I'm not bashing BRP at all. I would ride a pink Ski-doo anyday before riding the rest.
You know why it was deleted, I sent you a private message which you read.

Do I need to send you another?

~Bob

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Colors are bomb! I love them!!!! Plus like ID said mtn sled are covered in snow so you don't even see them. My favorite part about the bright colors is how when you film them they look amazing on white snowy landscapes. (makes for great pics and videos)

·
Registered
22 Posts
You know why it was deleted, I sent you a private message which you read.

Do I need to send you another?

~Bob
Somebody is a little hostile.

I understand that one of my comments had language that was inappropriate. And I do apologize for that.

There's no reason to threaten me I have not posted anything wrong in this thread so hold your horses.

Let's not turn this in a bashfest, we can civilly discuss the bad colours amongst us BRP fans.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not the topic - it's you. Maybe work on your delivery and personality.
Sorry if I come off like this, As for delivery english is a second language to me so sometimes I come off wrong. How can you judge a persons personality by the way the write?

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's the same with everything else.

If they kept the same yellow and black options only, some people would complain there are not options.

Provide options of colour schemes, some people complain they don't like those colours.

Provide options to customize your sled colours on a one-to-one basis, some people will complain it cost too much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's exactly how you are judged. How else would we judge you? you've given us nothing else to judge you by.

If you want to be liked - be likable. If you want to be hated - be hateful.
I understand where you're coming from and I do agree.

I was a bad subject to start with as a newbie to this forum and I know it would of been received differently if I previously had 18,000 other posts. But it happens to be the subject that finally made me decide to join the community and talk about it. Some people got the wrong impression right off the bat and got on the defensive. I'm not putting BRP down at all, I just don't like the colours of the Freeride..... I already gave my dealership the down 3 weeks ago for a 2015 Freeride 146". I'm getting one no matter what the colour. It was a complete shock to see what colour it was. You couldn't see the magenta in the leaked pic of the poster.

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
You bash this forum and then think people will welcome you? Try to promote a stupid facebook and looking for likes and start the same thread over and over again with really the same end result...

facepalm-card.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You bash this forum and then think people will welcome you? Try to promote a stupid facebook and looking for likes and start the same thread over and over again with really the same end result...

facepalm-card.jpg
I never bashed this forum at all.

I just want to discuss the 2015 colours.

BRP watches closely social media sites such as Facebook and forums like these to see what people think. I've actually have got results out of BRP by posting on Facebook and forums about issues that are relevant to their customers. They won't get better if they don't know about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.