Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

2015 Skandic won't stay running

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Tundra 300 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Skandic 550 with about 700 miles on it. I went out to start it the other day...choked it and it fired up. Then died after about 15 seconds. Started again and it ran for about 2 more seconds then sputtered out. Wouldn't start again after that, just cranked.

It's been very cold outside, so I put a little Heet in the tank and added more gas. Then yanked it in the garage thinking I had a little ice in the fuel line. Thawed it out overnight and went to start it again in the morning. It started again for about 15 seconds then sputtered out again. I repeated this for a couple days with the same results. It seems like enough fuel is making it to the carbs to start it for a few seconds when I leave it sit overnight, but won't stay running.

I'm assuming a fuel restriction or just not pumping because the plugs are obviously firing. Any ideas out there??...machine has never had any problems before this.

#4 ·
Already put 200+ miles on it this winter and at least 2 full tanks of premium fuel...with a small amount of HEET. I'll try to let it sit a couple more days and crank it every so often. If it is the fuel, new stuff should cycle through eventually. If not the fuel, being that the system is very simple, I guess I'll start with fuel pump pressure, then carbs.
I guess anything is possible, but doesn't really make sense since the machine is so new!

#5 ·
Just because it is a newer, low mileage sled doesn't mean that there can't be a small piece of debris that made it through the system and blocking a jet. I'm by far no carb expert, but it sounds like you are burning the fuel in the bowl, then it cuts out. If there is a restriction in the main jet the fuel won't be replaced as fast as its being burnt, thus the stall. Having said that, if it doesn't get any fuel from the pump then that would do it too. Your plan of attack seems good. Good luck!

Reactions: AkTurk
#8 ·
I'm having the same issues, 2015 Skandic 500F WT ! Started happening last evening, will only travel a short distance like 50 feet and die the turn the key it starts right back up but dies again. called the dealer they dont have an idea of the problem !!

Does anyone have a fix for this yet? Thanks

#11 ·
I'm having the same issues, 2015 Skandic 500F WT ! Started happening last evening, will only travel a short distance like 50 feet and die the turn the key it starts right back up but dies again. called the dealer they dont have an idea of the problem !!

Does anyone have a fix for this yet? Thanks
550f.......usually when a stator power comes and goes like that it needs to cool off before the spark well come back, i'm leaning more towards the pickup if any electronic failure, check the wiring...unplug key, stop & emergency button, run the engine, see if it acts the same...maybe a faulty switch???

#13 ·
so.... i removed all the panels, ignition, gauges, teather switch and headlights, took the sled for a ride with no electronics plugged in and it worked fine! so im thinking a faulty switch also but just figuring out which one now is the issue
Now that's how to troubleshoot!!

Plug the switches in one at a time until the problem comes back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.