Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend on my skandic swt etec, breaking trail in super fine powder , my gauges went for a little blip, all lights on dash lit up , and both gauges maxed out and returned to normal readouts . The sled never hikupped one bit , it ran perfect didnt hesitate stall or anythg, but everyonce in awhile this happened . Has this happened to anyone else and or is this a common skidoo thg , thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think there is a recall/work order program for the 2015s to ground the guage pod or something similar to that. The dealer did it to my 2015 at the 400 km service - seemed fixed for the next 400 km I put on anyway.

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny thing is , i just got it back from its first service check that skidoo recomends , and it does this .It has about 500 miles on it and it has never done it before until now , after service check, im going to check any obvious wiring issues with plug ins, just talked to dealer mechanic and he says he has never come across this issue before

·
Registered
240 Posts
My nephew's 600 Ace Tundra was doing this during his first winter of owning the machine. All dash lights would come on, gauges max out and then reset and he would be just riding down a packed trail. I don't think anything was done to the machine to look into it or if it's still occurring, I'll have to ask.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last weekend on my skandic swt etec, breaking trail in super fine powder , my gauges went for a little blip, all lights on dash lit up , and both gauges maxed out and returned to normal readouts . The sled never hikupped one bit , it ran perfect didnt hesitate stall or anythg, but everyonce in awhile this happened . Has this happened to anyone else and or is this a common skidoo thg , thanks
Check the main plug behind the gauges. Unplug and re-plug in. You could also pop the gauges out and as the machine is running wiggle the plug before re-plugging it in and try to re-manufacture the problem again. The machine will continue to run without the gauges plugged in. The grounding could also be a problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This also happened to my buddys 2015 900 ace last winter breaking trail in powder, brought to dealer and was a ground issue behind the instrument panel. Been fine ever since.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Any details as to how/where the ground was run?
I recall seeing something about adding a ground to the gauges. A quick search indicates service bulletin 2014-9, but not 100% positive. Another link for some light reading, including a couple pics

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/859185-gauge-issues/?p=11011698

One guy that I know with issues on his 1200 had an additional ground added last season similarly described as the ones previously mentioned. From what I understand he hasn't had any problems since the "fix"

Reactions: suv1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts