Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 renegade xrs the end of last year. Honestly now wanna do some mods. I only trail ride but wanna make this sled the best possible machine I can with out jeopardizing the reliability.
I am thinking of C&A skis but not sure if there are better ones out there.

Also where should I start for mods?
But don't really wanna set a ticked for noise.

Suggestions please and thank you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You've already got the KYBs all the way around. I'd start their and make sure they are good to go. They make a bigger difference then you think. Give Ian a call at monster performance-best guy in business.

As far as skis I've owned C&A and they are good. The ones I owned were the back country extremes and I found that on trails they are too much. A lot of darting and at high speeds that's dangerous. This year I went with slydog attacks. From what I've heard they are a good 50/50 ski. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
845 Posts
How many miles on it?
Best bang for the buck on that sled is probably clutching.
As stated earlier, if the shocks haven't recently been done, that'd be well worth the effort.
Maybe a little timing, but you said w/o impacting reliability.
If you have the 1.5" you're already going to give up some on the top end anyway.
I'd do a thorough pre-season and run it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How many total miles are on the sled. 2500? Or you alone have put 2500 miles on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you really want what is best, get Brp Blade XC skis, fox floats in the front, replace middle shock with a progressive spring (throw the original prone to snap mini spring far). Get RS model rear springs, buy qrs support. Well that's about it. You'll own the trails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is 2500 total miles on it.

I don't not like the skis just looking to have the best products possible so it will handle the best it can. It already is a fantastic machine just looking for upgrades that would be the best options.

I only got to ride this sled once so far since I got it. I traded up from a 2010 rush which I liked a lot also. I just don't wanna deal with darting like I have in the past I felt like I kept chasing it and never got it to go away. Although the rush was a lot better than my previous sled which was a 97 Mach z 800

·
Registered
845 Posts
Shapers in the middle, woodys navigators for darting, check/set toe out, shim the skis if necessary.

I get a little darting when riding with a pack of doo's. I expect the navigators will minimize what little I have now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts