Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel that the silver plastic pieces on the GSX SEs seem to be more brittle than others? Without manhandling at all, I had the top center piece crack under the seat and was replaced under warranty last year. Now I just noticed my side panel crack where the top tab slides in. I've actually been very careful with all the plastic especially after the first part broke with no action on my part.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... I JB Welded it to try to get to through the season. I'll let the dealer deal with warranty covered disassembly, sticker removal and replacement, and reassembly....

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a 2013 grand touring se and went to reinstall the side pannel and it cracked I thought the same thing that there has to be something wrong with the painted pannels to make it so brittle.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Only thing I've had issues with are the hood clips on our 13's but I think it's my fault for breaking them.. Our's have a lot of fleck in the paint and I noticed the 15's are more of a flat grey. I don't know if that has anything to do with it..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I've owned 2009 , 2010 , 2012 ,2014 and now a 2015 1200XR ... by far the 2015 plastic sucks ! many cracks and broken panels.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. It's bad news but at least good to know that when the dealer says I'm not closing it right or ?, I can refer to others having the same issue......

·
Registered
669 Posts
Its wierd that it seems to be an issue with the 2015 pannels because the pannel that cracked on my sled was a replacement pannel from 2015 which I had to wait for forever because they were back ordered so I wonder if they had a bad run of them or something.

·
Vendor
95 Posts
Hi Pilz,

If you have a cracking issue on the painted (white, grey or red) panels of your XR, you should contact your dealer to see if a repair or replacement would be covered under regular warranty (B.E.S.T coverage list those panels as exclusions, however). Note that this does not apply to the molded panels.

Thanks,

·
Registered
996 Posts
quote name="brpcare" post="15372081" timestamp="1454709314" date="Today, 03:55 PM"]

Hi Pilz,

If you have a cracking issue on the painted (white, grey or red) panels of your XR, you should contact your dealer to see if a repair or replacement would be covered under regular warranty (B.E.S.T coverage list those panels as exclusions, however). Note that this does not apply to the molded panels.

Thanks,[/quote]

I've contacted my dealer about the issues with my panels. They want me to bring the sled in and said it might take a week and a half. Honestly I would rather not, it's sledding season. Is the a bulletin or something I can reference when a call the dealer again?

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealer is looking into replacement and coverage.Hope some part of this is covered.

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
just take it to the dealer let them look at it

dont leave it there untill they have the parts to fix it

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The extended warranty is in effect and doesn't cover it. The dealer may be able to get a "good customer" coverage.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts