Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 123 Posts
That makes sense, but the plugs are designed as a one time use. We had one that they had been removed and cleaned, customer came back complaining of a fuel smell. The plug seat is designed to seal once.
Ah fair enough, didn't think about that.

Now it's getting closer, a bit more information is coming out. I just read this article - looks good. :righton

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/ford-f150-aluminum-testing/

And while we were at the NASCAR Race in Rishmond this year Ford had a prototype there. Couldn't get in it to really look it over but what a great looking truck.

IMG_20140425_145224_532.jpg

IMG_20140425_145236_502.jpg

IMG_20140425_145245_278.jpg

IMG_20140425_145612_664.jpg

Ford never took a buyout good friend was a gm mechanic got tired of fixing all the time his family and close friends Japanese all the way now sorry to say but North America does not know how to build longevity period
I disagree, My wife has had two buick park avenues with over 300,000 miles, and I currently still have a 97 1/2 ton silverado with 218,000 all with original motors and trans.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140219/OEM01/140219837/gm-readying-aluminum-body-trucks-by-late-2018-report-says

I think the new Dodge PU has aluminum doors and hood?

Toyota/Nissan;

The next-generation Toyota Tundra will receive a version of the same Cummins diesel powerplant as the next Nissan Titan pickup.

The Tundra will utilize a 5.0-liter turbo-diesel V8 from Cummins to power its next-generation Tundra, which is likely to make its debut in 2016 according to Ward's Auto. It's unclear how or whether the engines will differ in specifications, but the Nissan unit is expected to make over 300 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque.

According to an inside source, the Cummins diesel could be a placeholder for the Japanese automaker. Toyota was working on an in-house Tundra diesel engine until the market collapsed in 2008. Depending on demand for the the Cummins-powered model, Toyota will weigh the possibility of reviving the project.

I don't want to know what Toyota will demand to own one :blink_old: but it would be one nasty mo fashow

Next 5 years are going to be interesting in the pickup market.

I had high hopes to buy a new 15 ford f-150, but with the problems that came up on my 11 ecoboost, I don't think I would chance a new ford. I traded up for a new 14 chevy and so far couldn't be happier. I'm not 20 anymore and just want a good ol nicely equipped truck with a good reliable V-8 that just happens to get more economy then my ecoboost could deliver. Time will tell, but as much as the new fords have it all on paper, we'll see what happens in real life in the first couple years.

Dan

I had high hopes to buy a new 15 ford f-150, but with the problems that came up on my 11 ecoboost, I don't think I would chance a new ford. I traded up for a new 14 chevy and so far couldn't be happier. I'm not 20 anymore and just want a good ol nicely equipped truck with a good reliable V-8 that just happens to get more economy then my ecoboost could deliver. Time will tell, but as much as the new fords have it all on paper, we'll see what happens in real life in the first couple years.

Dan
Similar situation here. Was a ford guy for years and between me and the family/family business we have had many many f-150's and f-350's. Had so many issues with the newer ones we switched to Chevy at work and I bought a tundra. We are all happy. I'm not sure ford will be able to overcome its ecoboost and other issues we see with its newer trucks. I even know people who went ecoboost to dodge and are much happier even with mpg.. Which is sad..
I've been thinking to buy a new truck soon but I'm not ready yet. Probably keep the tundra a lot longer.

I have a 2011 "ego boost"...it has more seat of the pants power than any other truck I've had including an 8.1 liter suburban. ....yea the gas mileage isn't as good as I would like but I can't keep my foot out of it!.......im curious on the new 2.7 liter eco boost in a 700lb lighter pick up.....im ordering a white super crew as soon as the build sheets come out.....we'll see?

Typical chevy commercial, Honda did they same thing with the new ridgeline against the new colorado GM designer says no one will ever do this to their pickups. Then they do the same thing and take the worst of the F150s and the best of the silverados in the test. Plus didn't GM admit they are going aluminum on the next silverado? I hate all truck ads but GMs are pretty terrible.

Also heard GM is coming out with a Alum body.

That tool box is not empty, no way, it is bottom weighted. I have not seen a sharp edged tool box like that..since what 1950. I also think pretty much everyone puts a bedliner in.

Reactions: Renegade85
I have a 2011 "ego boost"...it has more seat of the pants power than any other truck I've had including an 8.1 liter suburban. ....yea the gas mileage isn't as good as I would like but I can't keep my foot out of it!.......im curious on the new 2.7 liter eco boost in a 700lb lighter pick up.....im ordering a white super crew as soon as the build sheets come out.....we'll see?
I didn't order one, bought mine off the lot. I've owned it about 6 weeks now, around 4,000 miles on it so far, I flippin love it. I'm averaging just over 20 MPG in mixed driving, some city, some highway, some loaded, some not loaded. I bought this one to replace my car ('06 Fusion, 176,000 trouble free miles, still own it) and couldn't be happier. I still have my Super Duty for the real work stuff.

20160605_115241.jpg

Not trying to bash here. I found this interesting. Any truth to this from you F150 guys?

I'm thinking there is something fishy going on there, especially with the "light" tool box stuff. As has been suggested, most people would run a liner for work anyways. I don't plan on working my much, but I still have a bed liner.

I have to laugh at GM though, even the idea for the test wasn't original. They're becoming more like Arctic Cat all the time. :lol:

Here is a test Ford did, a lot tougher than the GM commercial. Watch how they load, then UNLOAD this stuff. I read afterwards Ford was pretty leery to run this test as they thought it was going to go badly. Even they were pleasantly surprised at how well it did. On the fine print, the bed in the test did have the factory optional spray in bedliner, but the bedliner is only as strong as what it's sprayed to.

I didn't order one, bought mine off the lot. I've owned it about 6 weeks now, around 4,000 miles on it so far, I flippin love it. I'm averaging just over 20 MPG in mixed driving, some city, some highway, some loaded, some not loaded. I bought this one to replace my car ('06 Fusion, 176,000 trouble free miles, still own it) and couldn't be happier. I still have my Super Duty for the real work stuff.

20160605_115241.jpg

I'm thinking there is something fishy going on there, especially with the "light" tool box stuff. As has been suggested, most people would run a liner for work anyways. I don't plan on working my much, but I still have a bed liner.

I have to laugh at GM though, even the idea for the test wasn't original. They're becoming more like Arctic Cat all the time. :lol:

Here is a test Ford did, a lot tougher than the GM commercial. Watch how they load, then UNLOAD this stuff. I read afterwards Ford was pretty leery to run this test as they thought it was going to go badly. Even they were pleasantly surprised at how well it did. On the fine print, the bed in the test did have the factory optional spray in bedliner, but the bedliner is only as strong as what it's sprayed to.

nice looking truck.

all you need to do now is, tint the front windows darker and get those two black plastic pieces, separating the front and rear doors, painted body color. that's what i did to mine. it really set's the truck off !! it looks incredibly good when done !!

Well when I go test drive a new truck when my lease is up I'll be sure to add dropping thousands of pounds of concrete to my test drive routine :lol:

I'm not sure which commercial marketing ploy video is worse. But Chevy's at least showed the beds in detail after they ruined them. The ford one doesn't show the bed except two seconds of an 8" spot. Marketing at its best!

nice looking truck.
all you need to do now is, tint the front windows darker and get those two black plastic pieces, separating the front and rear doors, painted body color. that's what i did to mine. it really set's the truck off !! it looks incredibly good when done !!
Post up a picture!

On the windows, that's a sure way to get a ticket in NYS, so those are staying stock.

I'm also not sure on the painting, the keyless entry code is hidden in there, can't paint over that. Plus it's the Platinum White, I'm a decent painter, I haven't tackled the Platinum White yet - and not sure I want to. :lol:

we had a small concrete business. for years we used a pick up truck. 1. a plastic liner is the strongest with out a doubt. the hits we threw at it, and the box looked like new. 2. we never dropped concrete like that in a box, and you never will too. pointless. 3. the tool box thing makes me wonder, but i'm sure there in a catch to it, like the only tool box u'd lose a foot to if it dropped on ya.
Agreed. On the bold, great point.

Well when I go test drive a new truck when my lease is up I'll be sure to add dropping thousands of pounds of concrete to my test drive routine :lol:

I'm not sure which commercial marketing ploy video is worse. But Chevy's at least showed the beds in detail after they ruined them. The ford one doesn't show the bed except two seconds of an 8" spot. Marketing at its best!
I figured when they sent the bucket in to scrape the blocks out the whole floor would have come with it. Not a chance I'd be doing that with either one of my trucks. Ouch.

41 - 60 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.