Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've started my sled a few times to move it around my garage and load it into the trailer...went to unload it and I kept hitting the start/RER button to put it into reverse and nothing happened. Turned the sled on and off probably 5 times, thinking it needed to be reset or something...kept hitting the RER button, and nothing.

I'm standing there in my trailer in the dark thinking I have to bring this thing back to the dealer and [email protected]?!&!GRRRR...and then it hits me...reverse is engaged with the lever...doh! It's going to take some getting used to...I might have to put tape over the RER words on the "starter" button...LOL!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I too did the same thing last year. Kept hitting the rer button, swore and cussed as I pulled the sled out of my truck.

Not til that night I realized things are different owning a 4 stroke.

mike

Reactions: NHmountainman

·
Registered
276 Posts
ha ha i had a polaris last year that had key start, so a couple weeks ago i go to load up my ace, and it wont start, dash lights lite up but no start, so i get the jumper box and hook it up,, nothing, open the left side panel cuz i dont think i hear the fuel pump running, uuuummmmm then i feel the TETHER in my pocket!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Something tells me that you will only do this once.

I had a good chuckle. Thank you. At least you did not hurt anything.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Something tells me that you will only do this once.

I had a good chuckle. Thank you. At least you did not hurt anything.
Right, pretty good that the starter doesn't even engage in any way when the sled is running...every other sled I have will fire the starter when when you hit the button and it's already running....nice job engineering folks at Doo!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think the GSX has an 'electric' reverse with the ACE. I'm assuming its the same button as the starter, but its probably just some sort of electronic actuation for the lever.

I'd rather have a button than a lever, but it's not a big deal to me. And even the lever is I think faster than waiting for a two stroke to spin down and then back up again. Plus it works right away without stalling.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I have hit that button too...and waited for something to happen.

I actually prefer the lever.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think the GSX has an 'electric' reverse with the ACE. I'm assuming its the same button as the starter, but its probably just some sort of electronic actuation for the lever.

I'd rather have a button than a lever, but it's not a big deal to me. And even the lever is I think faster than waiting for a two stroke to spin down and then back up again. Plus it works right away without stalling.
You're correct about the push-button operation for reverse on the GSX.

I have no complaints so far with having the push-button reverse on my GSX. Lever would be okay, but I do prefer the push button.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My buddy has the push button reverse and I have always had the lever ,,,I prefer the lever as my buddy has had issues with the button ,,,The reverse beep does get peoples attention tho

·
Registered
125 Posts
This year I sold my drive on / drive off enclosed trailer for a smaller drive on / back off enclosed. First time I went to back off the new trailer I pushed the button and it never went into reverse. The past 3 years I had a 1200 GSX and it would switch into reverse immediately. My new 900 did nothing. I was thinking it may need to be warmed up so I waited a bit and tried it again and again, I was mad at the new sled but also mad that I went to a new trailer that I I could not simply drive off. After a bit I realized I had to pull the lever because it was not electronic reverse. I felt really small. Good thing I was alone because my riding buddies would have never let me forget this.

The lever is nice because after you are done going backwards you can simply hit it with your knee and you are going forward again.

One of those things that will only happen once. Glad to read that there are others like me anxious to start the new sled and hit the trail.

·
Registered
538 Posts
This year I sold my drive on / drive off enclosed trailer for a smaller drive on / back off enclosed. First time I went to back off the new trailer I pushed the button and it never went into reverse. The past 3 years I had a 1200 GSX and it would switch into reverse immediately. My new 900 did nothing. I was thinking it may need to be warmed up so I waited a bit and tried it again and again, I was mad at the new sled but also mad that I went to a new trailer that I I could not simply drive off. After a bit I realized I had to pull the lever because it was not electronic reverse. I felt really small. Good thing I was alone because my riding buddies would have never let me forget this.

The lever is nice because after you are done going backwards you can simply hit it with your knee and you are going forward again.

One of those things that will only happen once. Glad to read that there are others like me anxious to start the new sled and hit the trail.
I am 6'4" and on more than one occasion while backing up looking over my left shoulder I have hit the lever with my right knee, the noise it makes disengaging it while under power isn't pretty :eek: .

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am 6'4" and on more than one occasion while backing up looking over my left shoulder I have hit the lever with my right knee, the noise it makes disengaging it while under power isn't pretty :eek: .
I am 6'1" and hit the lever with my knee by accident also. It didn't disengage but I hit it at just the wrong angle, and the noise I made was also not pretty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts