Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys what is the toe out or alignment specs for my sled and where did you get the info.

RAS II

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Slight toe out of 1/4 -1/2 inch. Depending on where you get good measurement. Measure with skis off the ground. Also depends on which ski your using.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,200 Posts
Where did you ever get that info?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slight toe out of 1/4 -1/2 inch. Depending on where you get good measurement. Measure with skis off the ground. Also depends on which ski your using.
I think the skis need to be on the floor and you measure at the indents on the pilot skis and the number is between Zero and 1/4"total toe and if it's not Zero then the total gets slpit between both ski's is what i have read but cannot find that exact number for the ras 2

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
There are lots of theories about the measurement of toe out. My input comes from years of testing ski's and wearbars for the aftermarket ski manufacturers. Some say to measure ski to track alignment and measure from there. Some say measure on flat surface ski to ski. Others say to measure raised off the floor with the tips connected by a loose bungee. Actually, all methods will work and use of which may vary from different skis. Toe out is a different when sitting still versus moving forward. So, Most measurements are a ballpark at best. As a general rule for most skis a small amount of toe out works best. We used to measure from the front and rear wearbar bolts. With many of the new skis you can't do that anymore. Someone told me the spec for the TS skis but I've forgotten it. On my 16 TS skis I'm running a small amount of toeout and they work great. One of the best skis I've run. Sorry for the long winded answer. I'm just trying to help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are lots of theories about the measurement of toe out. My input comes from years of testing ski's and wearbars for the aftermarket ski manufacturers. Some say to measure ski to track alignment and measure from there. Some say measure on flat surface ski to ski. Others say to measure raised off the floor with the tips connected by a loose bungee. Actually, all methods will work and use of which may vary from different skis. Toe out is a different when sitting still versus moving forward. So, Most measurements are a ballpark at best. As a general rule for most skis a small amount of toe out works best. We used to measure from the front and rear wearbar bolts. With many of the new skis you can't do that anymore. Someone told me the spec for the TS skis but I've forgotten it. On my 16 TS skis I'm running a small amount of toeout and they work great. One of the best skis I've run. Sorry for the long winded answer. I'm just trying to help.
X2

·
Registered
239 Posts
Measure from front of carbide on the bar and rear of carbide.

Put a block of wood under the skis in the middle so the front and rear carbide are accessible.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If you use Tug Hills method, you won't need very much toe out measurement front to rear because the TS wearbar is very short.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you use Tug Hills method, you won't need very much toe out measurement front to rear because the TS wearbar is very short.
I have a 2015 with the 5.7 trail pilots.I used the indents that are in the skis where some have said to place my tape.I lined each ski using the side off the track using two 7' x 4" square aluminum tubing while keeping the handle bars in place with rachet straps.Then i checked from ski to ski before and after i released the bungee cord ended up with about 1/16" toe out on each ski .It took a while but i got it done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts