Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has an 800R etec Summit 164'' 3'' paddle that over heats just idling and will go into shutdown mode then shut engine off. It will run idling for about 5-7 mins then go into shutdown mode. Outside temp is around 0 degrees celcius or 32 F. If there is good powder snow the sled will cool down a few bars but if you stop and leave it idling it will over heat. I have extended the snowflap for him to allow more snow to gather around the cooler, installed ice scratches as well to throw a little more snow up in the tunnel.

Is there a vent kit that i can install on the panels on this summit to create more air flow around the engine?

Thanks- Any ideas are good

·
Registered
758 Posts
5 to 7 mins is starting to get long for a warm up at 0 degrees. How many bars is it at when he stops? Also hit as much of the soft snow going up the trail or learn the chainsaw effect if it rock hard, it works great to cool down

·
Registered
789 Posts
How many bars does it run at when riding in the pow? You could have one of numerous problems temperature related...search, lots of info on here. Stuck t-stat, bubble in the coolant lines somewhere, etc. For me I had issues at first with just running a little warm during normal operation. It bounced between 5-6 bars, which I didn't like. I removed all of the foam I could tear off the panels, belly pan, hood. The foam helps hold the heat in. I also drilled some holes in the knee portions of the panels, and also installed some vents on the sides, lots of options out there. Now I run at 4 bars 95% of the time, and once in a while it drops to 3 if I'm in some good snow.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts