Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has experienced any 2015 cylinder problems ?

I am just out of breakin with 500 km and the spark plug looks like it has aluminum on it !
I went into the spark plug hole with cheap borescope and it looks like flaking in thee or holes or something , not good what ever it is !!!

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Looks more like rust. Did you use the summarization procedure when you put it away last year?

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
My 2015 has nearly 7000 kms and I haven't pulled the plugs yet (no reason to). Your plugs look a bit rusty which isn't unusual after storage. Why are you pulling the plugs on a sled with only 500 klicks on it anyhow?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pulled the plugs cause , in around when the break in timer hit zero I was playing in the powder and then jumped on the hard pack and shortly there after heard a pop and it felt like I lost power .
I shut it off , easily rolled the motor , and thought it strange !
Then in the way back the power just seemed not the same , it didn't have the pull it had in break in .

I seen the rust as well , there were very droplets of water in the plug when I pulled it , other plug was fine .

I will pull exh valves and have a look in there tomorrow .

I think there is aluminum on the plug as well

Maybe I was in the lean area of the mapping , and had a bit of water in my tank ? Not sure !!

I measured he compression it maxed out at 122 ish with pull stater .

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
122 on both cylinders? You say it happened right after playing in powder? You may have taken in some snow into the air box and thru the throttle bodies . water in the fuel is not good for injector tips

·
2nd Whore in command
102,284 Posts
Yeah me too!! I dont see how the sled is not under warranty. I would say it had moisture in it whether it was water in the gas or sucking snow in the air box? If I was the OP I would be contacting a dealer and get it in to get it looked at IMO.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Not sure if failure due to water in the fuel etc, is covered. I hooked up with a group of cat heads from Illinois 3 years ago they had 2 brand new cats that went down with less than 500 miles we pulled the intake side and the y pipes they sent pics to their dealer and he told them sorry but that's a bad fuel burn down no warranty coverage. Needless to say those boys weren't happy campers

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought it last season as a spring break , but got injured and couldn't use it ,
Injury is better this , was looking forward to it , but !!!

·
4,212 Posts
I pulled the plugs cause , in around when the break in timer hit zero I was playing in the powder and then jumped on the hard pack and shortly there after heard a pop and it felt like I lost power .
I shut it off , easily rolled the motor , and thought it strange !
Then in the way back the power just seemed not the same , it didn't have the pull it had in break in .

I seen the rust as well , there were very droplets of water in the plug when I pulled it , other plug was fine .

I will pull exh valves and have a look in there tomorrow .

I think there is aluminum on the plug as well

Maybe I was in the lean area of the mapping , and had a bit of water in my tank ? Not sure !!

I measured he compression it maxed out at 122 ish with pull stater .
If both holes read the same I suspect your gauge is reading low.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I say my gauge is pretty accurate , but it is a possibility , I tested a 600 Sdi it had 125 per side , so that rules out the gauge , unless that 600 has 140 ish

·
4,212 Posts
A fresh 600 and a fresh 800 should have nearly identical compression. If a healthy SDI tested 125 on your gauge I would say an even 122 on a 800 that is barely broken in would be about right. I have my doubts that there is anything mechanically wrong with your motor...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had the same brass colored flaky stuff in my pipe in the expansion chamber bend, also around the end of the pipe where it enters the silencer. 271 miles on my 16 800 etec. Not out of break in. Little spooky...

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I dont understand why people start pulling there sled apart before talking to dealer about warranty

Through some new plugs in it properly and run it. If its got warranty your good i say

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope your right on the assumption that the engine is mechanically sound !!
I got her booked fir this week , they can test the compression on thier gauge and compare to a another one in the shop if they have to .

The reason I pulled the plugs is cause I wanted to see if was eating the puston , but I can't say 100% one way or the other if it is or if it isn't !!

The shop can be my second opinion lol , if it cooks after this then I know I tried my hardest to avoid it !

I mostly posted on here to see if there were any trends that could be linked to my findings .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts