Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding my 2015 600 RS and had a couple questions for anyone that has thrown one of these back together.

Wondering if anyone has the torque specs for the head bolts, cylinder bolts, and crankcase bolts as well as the tightening sequence for each. I have the sequence for the head just not the cylinders or the crankcase.

I have a couple head gaskets and I'm wondering which thickness to use, I know stock etecs have a 7 hole gasket but I have no idea what size the RS came with. I thought it might have been the 5 hole gasket but I'm not sure.

Any tips for cleaning out the crankcase would be a huge help, I'm going to crack it tonight and just want to make sure I clean it out properly. Also wondering which loctite to use to reseal my crankcase, or if there is another product that I could use (likely 3m).

I know I have to put some oil on the inside of the cylinders when I put them back together, just wondering if there is anything else I should worry about oiling up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has or knows where to get a service manual that would be awesome because I haven't been able to find one from any of the dealers around me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I dont have the torque specs with me so cant help you there, use brake clean to help with cleaning. Inside crank cases just good clean rags, repack the outter crank bearings with isoflex. Add a bit of oil to the center of crank case where water pump shaft is, i usually wait til the halves are back together and go through oil pump block off plate. Find a ball hone and give the cylinders a couple quick passes, it doesnt do much on a nicasil cylinder but its better then nothing. Yamabond or motoseal work great for sealing the case halves.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Some say no ball hone, get the skate style one, some say opposite. Me ? I take the one i possess and just oil the cyl then give it some. If not get the cyl to you engine builder he’ll dot for cheap(well mine does anyway)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yeah sorry not ball one, use the 3 prong style, last engine i did was a 4 stroke so still had the last i used in my head.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts