Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so those who have been wanting a 1200 turbo didn't get it once again. Those who wanted a new look may have to wait another year. So what did we get. First off the 1200 engine is a gem as far as I'm concerned. I have owned both an Apex and still have a Nytro and I think the 1200 is a better engine all around. The Cat may have a Turbo but that doesn't interest me at all. The Cat non Turbo is a joke. I hate everything about it especially the sound and lack of throttle response. Polaris doesn't offer anything that competes with the 1200 and unless you like cold, high riding 2 strokes then they aren't even in the running. Look at the 1200 Chassis. Does anything really compare? The Rmotion is unreal and without any real competition. The new front suspension is suppose to "fix" the downfalls of the old. I personally had no issues with my old front but hey any improvements are welcome. I have ridden many different sleds including the new Cat chassis and the Polaris Pro R and I know why Cat, Yamaha and Polaris keep coming out with new stuff. That's because their old stuff doesn't measure up to anything Doo builds. I'm afraid you won't see anything Earth shattering from Doo until the other three catch up and put pressure on them. Think about it would any of you trade your 1200 for what the competition has to offer? I know I wouldn't. I think Doo is laughing their butts off looking at Cat and Yamaha joining forces trying to dethrone them. There is a reason Doo sells more 4 strokes than the other three combined. That reason is they build the best riding, handling and all around performing 4 strokes in the industry. I'm not really looking to upgrade any of my three 1200's this year and that's probably because I'm so happy with the ones I have but I really like that black/orange 1200 Gade X.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I also like my 2014 X 1200, but I do not think the 2015 gets any upgrade. No change in the front suspension or hand warmer switches. I am fine with that, but something other than color is required to sell the new model.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
We doo get the new front end. I agree XP123. I still don't see anything better then the 2015 1200 for me. If I was going 2stroke it would be the new Poo but can't see that happening. I think both 1200X's look sweet and will look even better on snow.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
We doo get the new front end. I agree XP123. I still don't see anything better then the 2015 1200 for me. If I was going 2stroke it would be the new Poo but can't see that happening. I think both 1200X's look sweet and will look even better on snow.
Which sleds get the new front ends, Is it only the X models ??

From what they said at the end of the video spring order sleds will now come with a 3 or 4 year bump to bumper warranty??? Is this what I heard?? From what I've read on here I'm the only one talking about this warranty

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK so those who have been wanting a 1200 turbo didn't get it once again. Those who wanted a new look may have to wait another year. So what did we get. First off the 1200 engine is a gem as far as I'm concerned. I have owned both an Apex and still have a Nytro and I think the 1200 is a better engine all around. The Cat may have a Turbo but that doesn't interest me at all. The Cat non Turbo is a joke. I hate everything about it especially the sound and lack of throttle response. Polaris doesn't offer anything that competes with the 1200 and unless you like cold, high riding 2 strokes then they aren't even in the running. Look at the 1200 Chassis. Does anything really compare? The Rmotion is unreal and without any real competition. The new front suspension is suppose to "fix" the downfalls of the old. I personally had no issues with my old front but hey any improvements are welcome. I have ridden many different sleds including the new Cat chassis and the Polaris Pro R and I know why Cat, Yamaha and Polaris keep coming out with new stuff. That's because their old stuff doesn't measure up to anything Doo builds. I'm afraid you won't see anything Earth shattering from Doo until the other three catch up and put pressure on them. Think about it would any of you trade your 1200 for what the competition has to offer? I know I wouldn't. I think Doo is laughing their butts off looking at Cat and Yamaha joining forces trying to dethrone them. There is a reason Doo sells more 4 strokes than the other three combined. That reason is they build the best riding, handling and all around performing 4 strokes in the industry. I'm not really looking to upgrade any of my three 1200's this year and that's probably because I'm so happy with the ones I have but I really like that black/orange 1200 Gade X.
X2!!! finally the blatant truth is spoken! plain and simple the 1200 is the best 4 stroke out there why mess with success... I did want a little more power but not at the expense of reliability!!

·
Snow, it's a 4 letter word we're proud of&
985 Posts
Which sleds get the new front ends, Is it only the X models ??

From what they said at the end of the video spring order sleds will now come with a 3 or 4 year bump to bumper warranty??? Is this what I heard?? From what I've read on here I'm the only one talking about this warranty
I heard the same thing as you last night.

Maybe I was dreaming, but that is what I heard also. 3 or 4 year bumper-to-bumper on Spring ordered sleds.

·
Super Moderator
17,986 Posts
Not thrilled its still in the xr. But I'm selling my 14x to buy the gade x for 15. I really like the orange and the few updates might be nice.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went on the Doo website and from what I can read most of the models come with the new front suspension. The entry level sleds didn't and I think some of the luxury (Grandpa)models don't along with the utility sleds.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I don't think Doo is waiting for the other 3 manufacturers to catch up before they have a drastic change. I guarantee they are trying to do as much as possible to stay as far out front as they can. But how much can you do? As stated above, the sled is dang near perfect already. Doo probably laughs at all the guys that wine about the 'old' look and wanting new plastic. Waste of time and money for them to change only the appearance.

I would have liked to seen a more forward steering post on the XR. It greatly helps the steering angle and geometry for guys who stand a lot. Makes everything better when you get ride of the goofy angle of the bars/steering stem. I know its not hard to do, since I did it. But whatever, I can just keep doing to to all the 1200's in the family for cheap.

And where is the 1200 XRS and 1200 XRS Renegade?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bombardier definetly needs to add a performance version of the 1200 four stroke. ALOT of us on here like the idea of no injection oil, reliability, torque & sound over the two strokes.
Basically the tunnel, E module & S module are the same as the XP, XM & X'S models (E module just holds a bigger motor than the two strokes).
Instead of turbos what about a stroker crank & piston kit?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
somewhere I read the 1200 can be a 160hp engine with cam, intake and header. I'd rather go that route than a turbo myself if I had a 1200. I wonder why there seams to be a lack of kits doing that?

as to the looks of the XR, I like the looks of the XU much better. If they had stuck a variant of the rMotion under the Expedition, I'd probably go that route.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I love the 1200 but it's just missing 10 mph top.. or 15hp or something.. so a 1200 HO or 1350 with 150hp would have been nice.. but i don't see anything in the other companies worrying the 1200 crowd.. so i'll have to "settle" for a shinny new Renegade X 1200 with 3 years bumper to bumper warranty.... boo hoo...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I love the 1200 but it's just missing 10 mph top.. or 15hp or something.. so a 1200 HO or 1350 with 150hp would have been nice.. but i don't see anything in the other companies worrying the 1200 crowd.. so i'll have to "settle" for a shinny new Renegade X 1200 with 3 years bumper to bumper warranty.... boo hoo...

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
I thought Doo would of changed the 1200 more , I'll keep my 11 another year as there's not much difference between the two years to justify changing to me .

1 - 20 of 73 Posts