Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2014 xrs I only hit 107-8 on dream meater was wondering what top speeds other sleds were hitting

and was wondering what I could do to get better speeds

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Depends entirely on conditions. Which track do you have? 1.5"? How many studs? Temp and snow conditions? Rider weight? What distance? Tapped out in full tuck or sitting upright?

107-108 is a very honest speed for that sled in loose snow and warmer temps.

Reactions: Jeb©

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Depends entirely on conditions. Which track do you have? 1.5"? How many studs? Temp and snow conditions? Rider weight? What distance? Tapped out in full tuck or sitting upright?

107-108 is a very honest speed for that sled in loose snow and warmer temps.
Exactly..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1.25 inch track on hard pack lake belt good sitting on top of clutch. Primary clutch does not run to the top missing like 1/4.inch to 3/8 inch. any suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
1.25 inch track on hard pack lake belt good sitting on top of clutch. Primary clutch does not run to the top missing like 1/4.inch to 3/8 inch. any suggestions
You're only going to pull your belt to the top of the primary in primo conditions which is cold and very hard pack or ice. You didn't mention rider weight but it sounds like you have a lot of studs which will slow you down a bit. Did you say a 4,3,4,3 pattern for 147 studs?

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
How many miles? What rpm do you see at launch, mid and topped out? Have you cleaned your primary?

·
Registered
546 Posts
2013 XRS 800 seeing 114 a couple of times so far this winter. Plowed road. felt like had a little more, but plenty good enough for me. 1.25 track, 4 studs per, bought it that way. Gates

carbon cord belt. Clutches rebuilt about 900 miles ago. Clutches and belt clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts