Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. I am trying to remove the track to repair the sled.

I was doing really good until now.

(See photos) brake side small 1.jpg chaincase side small.jpg

I have everything off on the chaincase side including the criclip except ball bearing ring.

I have everything off on the brake side (yes, I used the CT Brake Caliper Puller) including criclip.

The track is loose.

I realize I need to remove the ball bearing ring on the chaincase side so the driveshaft can be moved toward the brake side and angled out.

Suggestions on how to get it off.

Can I heat it up?

Would I heat up the driveshaft or bearing ring?

Will this ruin the bearing ring?

Force?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
The shaft should slide out of the bearing in the chaincase towards the brake side, then you can turn the shaft downwards and pull it out of the brake side.

Because its an extrovert driver make sure the track is pushed as high as you can get it so the driver isnt engaged with the track went trying to move the drive shaft.

Easier way for me is to hang the rear of the sled so I can get under the sled, sit in the track and push it right against the tunnel in the front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, rear of sled is off the ground. For some reason the bearing are not coming off the driveshaft. I don't know if they are just old and "rusted" on or what.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd smash on it, if its messed up can't mess it more. Stick a big washer on the end of the shaft on the chancase side. Make sure the shaft is clear of anything and check after every hit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts