Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Canada. Rode one day from Quebec City to Riviere Du Loop (230 miles) and then returned with another 220 miles. Long road trip from Connecticut for only two days of riding but the desperation for snow was overwhelming. Ha.

Had the Renegade up to 100+ mph. My friends 800 Arctric Cat could not catch me off the line or top end. Ran perfect. However it did make some thumping noises when we headed back. Now that we are back home and things thawed out a bit, I was looking under it while on the trailer. The track is shot. The large stud washers pulled right through the track leaving large 1 1/2 inch holes in about eight locations. A little, no a lot, scary thinking how many places we were going fast enough where you needed a track to slow/stop. Yikes.

These are the Woodys studs. Not sure if I want to stud my replacement track.

I doubt they will cover this under the BRP extended warrantee but I am going to try.

Anybody have ideas what caused this?

Comments?

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If they where the skidoo kit studs they should cover the track. At least thats what my dealer told me. They said the kit wasbthe only way skidoo will warranty a track.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
how many miles total on the track?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Studs were installed by the Ski-doo dealer (Moosehead Motor Sports). The track/sled has about 2400 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
They could have tighten them way too tight!
There is a torque limit to studs and tracks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moosehead in Maine did the studs when it was bought. Hunters in Connecticut put new slides on this year and was the last one to service the rear suspension. Had the slides done by the dealer because it went in fro a recall anyways. I will call them Monday morning.

Not sure if they will cover it or not but worth a try. New track is 700 plus studs and labor. I think I'd rather do it my self if they do not cover it under the BEST warranty.

My friend already started sending me Arctic Cat brochures.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope. Did not. I will check them in the morning.

BTW.....I cannot find the legal terms and conditions for the BEST warranty. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
you are shy of the normal mileage the single ply tracks are known for (3500 miles) could be combination of loose studs and trail conditions

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMG_0169.JPG

So this is what it looks like times six locations. There is also some resultant damage to the wheels, axles, etc. I guess I was lucky to get back to our truck and trailer on the last day...225 miles and never got above zero F.

Any info on the legal terms of the BEST warranty ?

Also anyone trail ride a Renegade without studs?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
attachicon.gif
IMG_0169.JPG

So this is what it looks like times six locations. There is also some resultant damage to the wheels, axles, etc. I guess I was lucky to get back to our truck and trailer on the last day...225 miles and never got above zero F.

Any info on the legal terms of the BEST warranty ?

Also anyone trail ride a Renegade without studs?
I have an Enduro 900. It has the Ice Ripper track but I would not consider that to be "studded" as most people think of them. I was perfectly happy with the 2000 miles I put on this year.

Personally, I have had tracks with and without studs. I will never stud a track again but that is personal preference for several reasons. They tear up the trailer deck and garage floor. They can put a lot of stress on the track depending on conditions and riding style. They can pull through partially, flap around and take out the heat exchanger.

When I picked up Enduro last fall I took the 4-Year Bumper to Bumper Warranty Option when I spring ordered but my dealer said the track and shocks are only warranted for 1 year.

I doubt you are going to get warranty coverage.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am considering a Camoplast 9191 Ice Attak XT track with the embedded studs. I may look to the Doo'ers for feedback on this track in a separate post. I hope it would not spit out studs at 100MPH.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am considering a Camoplast 9191 Ice Attak XT track with the embedded studs. I may look to the Doo'ers for feedback on this track in a separate post. I hope it would not spit out studs at 100MPH.
They wont spit out, I have 20000 miles on these tracks, none missing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just noticed that the 9191H Attak track is 15 inches wide rather than the OEM track at 16 inches. No problem?

·
Registered
404 Posts
2 yr/5K on mine without any missing. Have never heard of anyone experiencing it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just noticed that the 9191H Attak track is 15 inches wide rather than the OEM track at 16 inches. No problem?
I am out of luck with BRP ... I want to put the ICE ATTAK XT track (9191H) on it. It does have a 16 inch track on it now where as the Attak track is 15. Pros and Cons of going to a 15 inch track??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts