Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the dreaded REV FAIL code when I try to go into reverse. No problems the first 2400 miles and now issues this year. First trip out the motor would kill when I hit reverse. When I tried to restart it would blow a 10 amp fuse. I lowered the belt and reverse worked 3 times in my garage. Second trip out reverse worked to pull my sled off the trailer but the next day I tried reverse and saw REV FAIL on my dash. Plan is to make sure top of belt is flush with secondary and check all fuses. I read on this forum to check a 20 amp fuse also. Can anyone tell me the functions of each relay? There are 2 of the same relays outside of the fuse box and 3 smaller relays inside the fuse box. I carry (1) of each of these relays as well as extra fuses but am not sure which relay to replace for this reverse issue. I have an '09/'10 1200 shop manual and it only refers to (2) relays named #1 & #2 but it does not mention which is which.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Good to know it is the front relay.

I think I found another cause today. With sled running, press reverse button and the sled dies. Not every time though. So I while I press the button I watched the linkage and it sparked. I think the linkage grounded out on the underside of the fuse panel. I think the linkage rubbed a wire raw. Need to take it apart and see what it is grounding against but the ECU 10 amp fuse blows. Glad I found this as sparks in that area is bad!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. The 2014 fuse box is not in the same orientation as the fuse box I see on Markus's chain case video. Mine sits above the shift linkage. Looks like it should be slightly higher than it is. Maybe I can space it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts