Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 freeride that I find myself needing a wider front due to the riding we do. Do anyone know if you can just put the wider a arms on it and use existing shocks or are the shock different lengths on say an xrs. Thought there was an a arm kit ski doo offered but all I see is the whole front end kit with shocks and all. anyone widen their freerides.

·
RS
3,087 Posts
If you put wider a arms on your sled is going to sit lower.

I did 43" wide a arms and new 18.5" fox float RC2 shocks, I wish I could of got 19" but thats all was available at the time.

The best set up if I could of done it would of been the Holz 41" arms and 17.8 Fox shocks, which my cousin has on his renegade, lots of travel for the big hits, still really easy to carve in the powder and its pretty decent on the trails.

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
trade it for a renegade

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think I'll be tradin any time soon. I love the sled and don't see much new stuff catching my eye. Gade xrs looks good if your a big mcdonalds fan. I figure it's take em a year to get the balance correct on the sled anyway. My freeride does well, just would like a bit more stability in corners. Ian from monster performance told me he has done this to his. Besides I would have to get about 13500 out of mine to make it worth it. sled only has 600 miles on it. On top of all that wife wouldn't go for it, that settles it, LOL

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I talked to Ian about it for a 2015 and what he did to his was about $450 upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Don't think I'll be tradin any time soon. I love the sled and don't see much new stuff catching my eye. Gade xrs looks good if your a big mcdonalds fan. I figure it's take em a year to get the balance correct on the sled anyway. My freeride does well, just would like a bit more stability in corners. Ian from monster performance told me he has done this to his. Besides I would have to get about 13500 out of mine to make it worth it. sled only has 600 miles on it. On top of all that wife wouldn't go for it, that settles it, LOL
they have a balck xrs gade, it would be what I;d order if I was ordering

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah just saw the black xrs gade today, wow. pretty sweet, still won't be able to convince wife that another 4000$ is cheaper that 450$ to widen front end. I just wonder why doo doesn't give the option anyways. I ride with about four Polaris assault riders which are the equivalent except in a 144. The all have wider stance than me.. Never hurts them off trail and they corner great on trail. We don't do much side hilling up here in northern NY. I am still partial to my freeride even after riding a renegade. Sits higher and like the seat a bit better for moving around.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sled handle well, just would like a bit better in corners. I did talk with Ian he has the stuff for it, unless someone is wanting to narrow their gade, we could trade parts. other wise I will sell a arms and tie rod outright.

·
Registered
196 Posts
sled handle well, just would like a bit better in corners. I did talk with Ian he has the stuff for it, unless someone is wanting to narrow their gade, we could trade parts. other wise I will sell a arms and tie rod outright.
Check your PMs. Got a potential swap for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts