Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

2014 - 800 Etec Recall

24K views 92 replies 18 participants last post by  MTNsleder 
#1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I just brought my 2014 MXZX 800 Etec into my dealer for a 'pre-season' and I was informed that there is a recall on my reed valves. I wasn't given much detail and can't seem to find much online about this.

Anybody else out there have this recall done?

Just looking for any insight on this issue?

Thanks!

#92 ·
my sled is a 2014 sp 154 bought December 30th 2013. At 1768 km the cel light came on after the sled was running rough and back firing, before it did this it wouldn't rev over 6000 rpm. the code 1477 was displayed which is rave valve not closed. i took it to the dealer and he claims he found a disconnected hose and that was my problem. Today i took it out and it did it again. Ran good for a half hour then wouldn't go over 6000 rpm, started back firing and displayed 1477 cel code. got it back to blue called the dealer at RTR and he wants me to take it back. After finding this thread mine has no dots that i can see, but has number 409, im gonna assume that my raves are toast, and demand the recall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.