Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Vendor
632 Posts
Thanks for the info Rockerdan. I just called my dealer and he ran my VIN, he said it has a 'clean bill of health' and we talked about this issue and the display ground wire for a minute.

As far as the rave valve TSB (2014-10), I'll confirm with the visual check on the PTO cylinder for 0 or 2 dots as well as the date code less than 336.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
bad quality control.the dot (round punch mark) if there is on the flat surface just under the pto rave cover .just use a mirror as it's easier this way .also on the outside of the pto cyl is a date code ,if the code is less than 336 ,your ok ,higher than 336 replace both rave valves ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE 1 DOT . :wink_old:

This is from a previous post-not mine.

I do not know y bulletins are not pinned some place were we can fined them???

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
I havent heard from the dealer, but then again, I wouldnt expect ANY dealer to call if there was a problem. LOL.

Be nice if you could punch in your VIN on the skidoo website and it would tell you what bulletins are for your machine.

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
If i ever get time over the next couple of weeks, I will be finally working on my sled.

I have to install....

-ras2 front end

-brass oil-lite bushings

-post forward

-change gear oil

-check Raves for Bulletin

Just have not had any free time yet!

I usually take lots of pics when I do anything(see me build thread in sig) and I will post them into my build thread.

Dan

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
OK So I checked on mine when I went in on the weekend. They said bring it in around 5000 KM and they will inspect the RAVE.

Guess I got one of the lucky ones. Built on a monday or friday.. :rolleyes_old: :rolleyes_old:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
OK So I checked on mine when I went in on the weekend. They said bring it in around 5000 KM and they will inspect the RAVE.

Guess I got one of the lucky ones. Built on a monday or friday.. :rolleyes_old: :rolleyes_old:
Thanks for the update! My recall was doone and sled is all tucked away in my garage and waiting for snow... Can't wait... 15c here today... Funny how a beautiful day doesn't make me happy at this time of yr....

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts

Attachments

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
Regarding the recall,

Mine ( pic above) clearly has the 2 dots. The Bossweb unit history shows mine to have not had the campaign claimed. My question though is, do I need to bring my sled into the dealer? Is this just an inspection to clear the claim? I don't want to book the time and lug the sled to the dealer for them to open the panel and say, you're good to go!

My sled also shows the reflash to enable the break IN cluster display...at 3200kms on the sled, I'm also not too concerned LOL..

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Regarding the recall,

Mine ( pic above) clearly has the 2 dots. The Bossweb unit history shows mine to have not had the campaign claimed. My question though is, do I need to bring my sled into the dealer? Is this just an inspection to clear the claim? I don't want to book the time and lug the sled to the dealer for them to open the panel and say, you're good to go!

My sled also shows the reflash to enable the break IN cluster display...at 3200kms on the sled, I'm also not too concerned LOL..
You are good to go with the TWO DOTS. I should have time to look at mine this weekend finally, hoping to find same.

Not sure about your reflash question on display? maybe if you reword that I will understand it better? I know there was an issue with gauges doing some whacky things on certain sleds, which was a ground issue. Not sure if you are talking about this tho.

Thanks for the pic.

Dan

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
Hi Dan,

Mine shows a recall for the "break in %" to be enabled still. Some early 2014's didn't have this feature and needed a ecu flash to get it. Since I'm at 3200kms, breakin % is long past relevant!

Sounds like I can avoid dragging it to the dealer

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
If you want to know for sure. Just call your dealer. They will have if on file and tell you if there's anything. I was buying accessories and she ran it for me right there.

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
If you want to know for sure. Just call your dealer. They will have if on file and tell you if there's anything. I was buying accessories and she ran it for me right there.
well they just want to see the sled. cover their arse maybe, bill BRP maybe.. I don't know what the procedure means for them, but I'm trying to avoid trailering it over there for them to go.."Yep its got the dots.." or worse "leave it with us for 2 weeks while we inspect the dots.."

You know what I'm getting at

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
well they just want to see the sled. cover their arse maybe, bill BRP maybe.. I don't know what the procedure means for them, but I'm trying to avoid trailering it over there for them to go.."Yep its got the dots.." or worse "leave it with us for 2 weeks while we inspect the dots.."

You know what I'm getting at
Ya I hear ha. My machines left the dealer out of the crate and I don't ever want to take it back either. But all they need to do is pull your machine up and they will know.
I am going to look for the dots when I see my machine next. Gotta take the hood off again anyways.

·
Vendor
632 Posts
Took a look tonight. Interesting to say the least. I have 1 dot on the outboard side of the PTO cylinder and 3 dots on the inboard side of the PTO cylinder.

-Dealer ran my VIN last week and said the sled has a "clean bill of health"

-Bulletin indicates 0 or 2 dots is ok, 1 dot needs service...I have 1 or 3 or 4 however you look at it (neither 0 or 2)!

-If I've identified the date code(s) correctly, it shows "229 261" which are both less than 336

The last two contradict the first point. Mainly, I'm looking for consistency between the bulletin and what the dealer found running the VIN.

Side note that has me questioning the accuracy of my VIN report...I know for a fact I did not have the updated flash for the break-in % but that did not come up when he ran the VIN. Any dealers/techs have input here?

Here is a pic to provide more on the 'dots'. :cool_old:

Rave Valve Bulletin.jpg

Attachments

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Hi Dan,

Mine shows a recall for the "break in %" to be enabled still. Some early 2014's didn't have this feature and needed a ecu flash to get it. Since I'm at 3200kms, breakin % is long past relevant!

Sounds like I can avoid dragging it to the dealer
oh i got ya!.....Yeah some early sleds did not have it activated, i remember reading a few guys last fall. Mine came in around Nov 4th last fall and the countdown was active. when It got to around 20% left it really started to wake up i remember.

Cant wait to get working on mine. Really hope my raves are OK, then I can just do the ras2 and a few other goodies.

Dan

21 - 40 of 93 Posts