Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2014 summit sp 800 etec. I went for a ride at the end of last season i made it 13 miles and my sled beeped twice I think then seemed like it dropped down on one cylinder temperature was at four bars and the heat exchanger was Luke warm but not hot tunnel side was covered with snow. So I am 100 percent sure it was not overheated. I shut the sled off and restarted and ran normal for maybe a 1/2 mile then same thing two beeps and back to one cylinder shut off restarted and ran normal for maybe 300' every thing still appeared cool did this numerous times until I got home. So I brought it to my dealer and they checked for codes they said it got hot 3 times and that's it no other codes and they said they cleared it no problems so Saturday I went for the same ride and sled did the exact same thing. Just wondering if any one has a idea on what's going on with it? The reason I bought this sled was because it was supposed to have a 3 year warranty and dealer claims no now.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Bad coil?

Reactions: wyorever

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine didn't beep, but the same thing happened - ran fine until warm up completed, ran a mile or two and started bogging at 6000, then cut to one cylinder on the way home. After that, she'd only start up on one cylinder, with a bad rough idle. My ECM needed to be updated with newer fuel curves, the olds ones killed the plugs (Even though they still sparked) Shop took her for a run after and got her warm just to see if the stator/coils were underlying as well, and reported no0 issue. I'm still waiting to get home so I haven't tried for myself yet.

If she only gets like it after getting warm, I'd look at the stator/coils.

If it's like it from the get-go, swap your plugs and be sure they're indexed properly.

Worn reeds could cause this issue as well, if all else fails check those.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks yeah just does it when it's warm shut it off for 5 seconds and it runs normal for a while then seems like it will run on one cylinder and repeat

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2014 summit x 800 163", 2500kms on sled, stator issue and is being replaced. check engine light starting coming on and the sled would shut off over 5000rpm approx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts