Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. 2013 summit 800 etec starts and idles fine but won't rev past idle, just bogs down. Acts like it has the wrong key but just had it to the dealer to get a new key since I lost the last one. Could he have screwed something up when I got the new key made?

Thanks for your help/ideas!!

Kyle

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gotta be the key. I woulda checked to make sure some of your change didn't get stuck in it... I've had that happen before and she won't run past idle but didn't beep at me either..

2014 F350 Platinum

·
Registered
398 Posts
Definatly to tight throttle cable or something stuck in the throttle bodies, If it where the dess key it would rev to about 2500rpm.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not the throttle cable. Tore it all apart and found nothing. It idles at a grand and won't rev past that. I am bringing it in tomorrow. Will let everyone know. Thanks for the ideas!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Throttle position sensor may need to be reset. Also snow in the flipper or something putting a little bit of tension on the cable. See this lots on others in the mts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This has happened to me twice in hte past year (2015 163 T3) both time it was the wire going to the rear brake light. I had stomped it when falling off the sled and pulled the wires out of the light. The wires short out and nothing works. You can tell if this is our problem as you won't have lights or any gauges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 Summit SP 800. Recently changed the riser to a lower one. When I turned to the left the RPM's increased so I figured the throttle cable was binding up. I re-routed the cable and started the machine back up without plugging in the dash. Now the machine will only idle and will not rev. So I plugged the dash in and tried it again, same thing. My initial response was that the TPS somehow got messed up and needs reset but I never touched the sensor or adjusted the length of the cable. Make several checks to make sure the cable was seated correctly yet no change, machine will start but will not accelerate. Can starting the engine without the dash connected cause problems? Does the TPS need to be reset?

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
May have triggered a code that needs to be reset with BUDS. Dealers have that software, not a consumer item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts