Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 2012s are being delivered..........what is Doo going to do for 2013?
I like my GSX SE 1200, but alwats like new stuff. What are everyone's thoughts?

Maybe a 1500 XR?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So the 2012s are being delivered..........what is Doo going to do for 2013?
I like my GSX SE 1200, but alwats like new stuff. What are everyone's thoughts?

Maybe a 1500 XR?
a 1200 turbo low boost at 180hp,i heard there will be a kit supply by brp in association whit an after market shop this year but the production sled is only for 2013.there was two of those sleds riding around last year .

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Ski-Doo must be doing something? This year was a repeat of the previous year.
I suspect something in March? A new Mach Z?
Yep a new Mach Z would be great since the old Mach Z was such a big hit.
Guys paid big bucks for their Machs and couldn't give them away after a year or two. No dealer would take them in on trade because nobody wanted them. I know some will say that they jumped ship to Cat for the Turbo 4 stroke but what about the guys who have 2009-2011 Turbo Cats? They can either give them away or stick them up their arse. You can't find a good used 1200 cheap because everybody wants them. I'm thinking Doo is very smart with the sleds they have. People want to buy what they sell for good reason. I'll bet you will see them expand the ACE engine options and maybe offer a 4 stroke in the 150 hp range. I don't think you will see a gas guzzling 4 stroke turbo that needs premium fuel come out just for the very few who might want one.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys paid big bucks for their Machs and couldn't give them away after a year or two. No dealer would take them in on trade because nobody wanted them. I know some will say that they jumped ship to Cat for the Turbo 4 stroke but what about the guys who have 2009-2011 Turbo Cats? They can either give them away or stick them up their arse. You can't find a good used 1200 cheap because everybody wants them. I'm thinking Doo is very smart with the sleds they have. People want to buy what they sell for good reason. I'll bet you will see them expand the ACE engine options and maybe offer a 4 stroke in the 150 hp range. I don't think you will see a gas guzzling 4 stroke turbo that needs premium fuel come out just for the very few who might want one.
Just saw BRP's new ATV add. They claim to have the fastest ATV on the market. Why not a sled?
BRP is in 3ard or 4th place when it comes down to that!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just saw BRP's new ATV add. They claim to have the fastest ATV on the market. Why not a sled?
A lot of people are pumped about turbo 4-strokes despite the weight, which is great and all, but I'm curious why they don't come out with an Etec triple? I imagine a direct injected etec triple 1000!!! It would still be lighter than a 4-stroke 1200, but probbly put out 180hp and meet emissions standards.

I don't know, maybe I'm still holding on to the triple nostalgia from the mid-late 90's.
Nothing sounds like a triple.

I really don't think 2-strokes are dead, and I think Doo proved that with the Etec.

·
Grand PuPa!
678 Posts
"3rd or 4th place" Really??

My 2011 Etech 800 Summit 154 has smoked every 800 that it has ever gone up against!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Guys paid big bucks for their Machs and couldn't give them away after a year or two. No dealer would take them in on ptrade because nobody wanted them. I know some will say that they jumped ship to Cat for the Turbo 4 stroke but what about the guys who have 2009-2011 Turbo Cats? They can either give them away or stick them up their arse. You can't find a good used 1200 cheap because everybody wants them. I'm thinking Doo is very smart with the sleds they have. People want to buy what they sell for good reason. I'll bet you will see them expand the ACE engine options and maybe offer a 4 stroke in the 150 hp range. I don't think you will see a gas guzzling 4 stroke turbo that needs premium fuel come out just for the very few who might want one.
Got good money even on a trade in for my 09 Cat Turbo.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Got good money even on a trade in for my 09 Cat Turbo.
Good luck to your dealer then. He will probably lose his but on it unless your definition of good money is different than mine. I keep reading all kinds of posts on different sites of guys trying to dump their pre 2012 Turbo's so they can get the latest and greatest turbo from Cat. Lets face it the twin spar Cats look like crap compared to the new Procross chassis Cats and I don't think I would want one for half the price of the new Cat.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Buyers of hyper sleds dont even make up 4% of total sales. Why waste the resources, for such little return in the investment? Its not worth it just to say you build the fastest sled.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Buyers of hyper sleds dont even make up 4% of total sales. Why waste the resources, for such little return in the investment? Its not worth it just to say you build the fastest sled.
Yes it is!!! That's what it's all about. Everyone wants to be the biggest, strongest, and fastest don't they? Maybe it's just me but 130-140 hp sled is not enough power. I want another Mach z and will keep my 05 until they give me one.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Yes it is!!! That's what it's all about. Everyone wants to be the biggest, strongest, and fastest don't they? Maybe it's just me but 130-140 hp sled is not enough power. I want another Mach z and will keep my 05 until they give me one.
These companies are run by money people, making money is their primary goal. If anything theyd rather have the title of best selling, most reliable snowmobile. They're halfway there! Odds are they're going to target the primary sled market demographic and keep plugging away with innovations where they make the biggest financial impact.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Good luck to your dealer then. He will probably lose his but on it unless your definition of good money is different than mine. I keep reading all kinds of posts on different sites of guys trying to dump their pre 2012 Turbo's so they can get the latest and greatest turbo from Cat. Lets face it the twin spar Cats look like crap compared to the new Procross chassis Cats and I don't think I would want one for half the price of the new Cat.
Dealer already sold my sled. Paid 11500 for sled in 09 got 9000 in 11 not bad in my financial situation. But "edit for bad language" i was unemployed when i ordered the new one. Also my 09 was the BEST riding sled i EVER had...... Not brand loyal at all. This is my first repeat manf. sled purchase since 2000. I like to change it up. The ProCross has some big shoes to fill!!!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
The ProCross does have some big shoes to fill. That is why I want to hang on to my 09 XR1200 Renegade. My little 1200, (I call it little because it is a lightweight four-stroke with only 130 HP), has taken down stock Cat turbos, New 2011 Apexs, 800's and all the other "hyper" stock sleds out there. It rides and handles like no other four-stroke I have ever had, and I have had them all including an old twinspar turbo. I love fast sleds and have turboed every brand. The XR1200 brings a smile to my face every time I ride it. I figure my stocker is up at 150 HP if not very close with the header on it. My old stage one turbo XR1200 outrun Cats on full kill with meth, and the turbo Yamahas, overachieving even with boost!

I'm a little concerned that the new turbo Cat I ordered is not going to stack up to the Doo based on the performance of the old Twinspar, and if it doesn't my new Cat will go by by just like the old one did.

Perhaps Doo may come with something more or even turboed for 2013, but if they don't, I'm OK with that too because the 09 XR sitting in my shop is sooooo good and overachieving as it is. Big, Big soft spot in my heart for the ZR1200 that is for sure!

Hopefully the new Cat being just a green Rev clone, performs as good as the Doo.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
How about a clutch that does not rattle at 4500 to 5500 rpms. Fixing that would be nice for 2012 or 2013
For those with that prob, yes a fix would be nice. I never noticed it on my 011. There is some engine groan in that rpm span, but does not sound like clutch to me.
As for the new cats, I love my 011 twinspar f-8, I'm not sure the new models can fill those shoes....but they are prettier(bfd).

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
I would like to see the following:

- a motor with the capability of handling more power and a accessory boost kit like Yami is doing
- knock sensor
- put a drain plug back on the bottom of the chaincase
- add some clutch cooling somewhere
- give me the option of having GPS somewhere instead of adding a aftermarket jimmy rigged thing
- why not mold a place in the snowflap for a license plate?
- Something different in the primary clutch department
- Make the QRS conentially removable
- Make 12V plugs tandard equipment on everything
- Why not a gauge package that can tell me everything my truck does? (Time to change oil, outdoor temperature, fuel mileage)

Most importantly I think most people would be happy if you could order a machine based on a set of standard features and then pick your options similar to a new car/truck. It would help BRP from offering a bazillion models of the same thing. Don't need much...offer your shock packages, decal packages, track options, risker height, and windshield options and you have most everything covered.

Lots of simple little things that would add some to cost, but really not alot. Just my .02 CDN/.03 USD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts