Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know suspension setup is hard, but I cant get the rear end wiggle out of this 120" sled. Also some darting. Not easy to keep straight. I didn't notice it until I rode my wifes brand new 129" blizzard with woodys dually carbides. That thing handle perfect and effortless riding going straight down a groomed trail. My older renegade was the same way. Nice straight and stable. My new shorty not so much.

I have the suspension all set soft like the blizzard. Front shocks set on 1. Center shock is soft. Rear torsion is soft. coupler blocks on 1. 126 studs down the middle, standard woodys 6" carbides. Toe out set to 1/4". I love the shorty but I just want it to run straight like my old renegade and my wife blizzard. My next step is dually carbides. Any helpful ideas would be great.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Middle spring shock, loosen up that baby and see if it helps you.
Middle shock spring acts like a teeter-totter loosening it up will help your sled feel more planted.
In deep snow it maybe ok, but trail riding and 6" of snow and less this helped me take control of her.

Note my sled is a 137" but the shock does the same for both.

Good luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I weigh 195, but I installed r motion spring spacers and it increased the stiffness alot. I have never done the sag measurement because I am already on softest setting. I also had the shocks rebuilt and both shocks are set soft. Rear shock on the X package has comrpession adjustment, so it is full soft. front shock is basically set soft like the blizzard. Maybe I am just not going to get it to settle down, since it's a shorty. I mean same exact settings as my buddies 129, but he goes straight down a trail, and I fight to go straight. Might go back to a renengade. Renegade was so easy to dial in with more skid pressure. Always went straight down a trail at low or high speeds without the need for dually carbides.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
sounds like everything is too soft. soft is good comfort but not helping your handling issues. I've got you by 5 lbs but that shouldn't make much of a difference. I also have the spring spacers on my '12X so we should be close. rear springs 3, couplers 2, rear shock 8 or 10 clicks in from full soft, shock eye firm setting, 1 hole tighter on strap, slight tension on front track spring, ski springs on 3, 8 clicks in on ski shocks. 8 + 4 carbides and 126 1.45 woodys cross country studs. this thing rides and handles so good, I feel bad for people I'm riding with on lesser machines. Good Luck !

·
Registered
358 Posts
sounds like everything is too soft. soft is good comfort but not helping your handling issues. I've got you by 5 lbs but that shouldn't make much of a difference. I also have the spring spacers on my '12X so we should be close. rear springs 3, couplers 2, rear shock 8 or 10 clicks in from full soft, shock eye firm setting, 1 hole tighter on strap, slight tension on front track spring, ski springs on 3, 8 clicks in on ski shocks. 8 + 4 carbides and 126 1.45 woodys cross country studs. this thing rides and handles so good, I feel bad for people I'm riding with on lesser machines. Good Luck !
That's close to my settings and I am 205lbs. I left strap alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts