Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13 mxz with 700 miles on the sled won’t stay at a idle as soon as u let off it is drops down below 1500 and then drops more till the gage starts freaking out then it shuts down when going to restart I have to hold it wide open and pull it like 3 times then it starts but as soon as u let off it again does it all over again but wile riding don’t act up at all any one have any ideas was just at the dealer last yr when we bought it and they put 1000 into because the previous owner let it sit for 3 yrs with the old gas in it and I fogged it before it was put away and we put fresh gas in it today

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Did it just start doing this? One ride worked fine but next time out was bad?
Few things to try.
How old are the spark plugs? New set is pretty cheap
Have you checked compression?
Dirty carbs, pilot jets plugged.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Pilot jets need cleaned. Take the carbs off remove the float bowls remove the pilot jets and spray out with carb cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'll elaborate a little more. If your pilot jets were dirty it would be boggy on the bottom end when you accelerate. Since you have to hold the throttle to restart, the sled is loading up on fuel. My guess is the dealer set the idle when the engine was cold. A warm engine will idle at lower rpm. Just turn the idle up a little and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts