Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my rear shocks need to be rebuilt. I’ve already upgraded to the heavier rear springs but i still bottom out way to easily suggestions or recommendations please
Rear shock number is 503193177

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
You can do a search on Kijiji here is Canada. Search for shock repair in your area. I am sure there will be a local guy with an advertisement on there. Good Luck.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not sure if your renegade has it, but some of the rmotions have two mounting points for the small end of the rear shock. One is for performance and one is for smoother trail riding. That can make a big difference in how your shock responds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if your renegade has it, but some of the rmotions have two mounting points for the small end of the rear shock. One is for performance and one is for smoother trail riding. That can make a big difference in how your shock responds.
Good point to check- the mounting holes. I’m not sure if it has both. Either way, it’s way to soft. I squash it completely if I stand towards the rear near the reservoirs on the running boards. I’m not light however 245lbs! Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can do a search on Kijiji here is Canada. Search for shock repair in your area. I am sure there will be a local guy with an advertisement on there. Good Luck.
I’m in fort McMurray and nothing local not even in Edmonton that I could find on kijiji

·
Registered
1999 mxz 670HO
3,110 Posts
I think my rear shocks need to be rebuilt. I’ve already upgraded to the heavier rear springs but i still bottom out way to easily suggestions or recommendations please
Rear shock number is 503193177
Shocks only slow the rate of energy transfer. Springs are supposed carry the weight. I suggest spring spacers. Also what springs did you go to?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Agree somewhat about shocks only controlling energy transfer. With 300 PSI of nitrogen in the shock versus zero PSI in a bad shock there is a big difference as far as ride height in my experience. I've been running the heavy duty springs, can't remember their number, for years and I'm well over 245 lb. No way I can compress it just by putting my weight way back on the tunnel. I am also wondering what springs he put in. Just looked it up a guy had some for sale in the for sale section. Part numbers ending in 270 and 271. I believe they are the heaviest. I've been up to 275 lb and still put 40 to 50 lb on the tunnel in the back. Granted I crank the quick adjuster way up to full but it still works awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts