Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the weekend I was having some trouble starting my BC. At the beginning of the day it started no problem but a few times after stoping it wouldn't go. Hit the rer button & it would start clicking but no fire. I would get off the rer, play with kill switch a couple of times and then it might start clicking again or starter would role over but no fire. I would play with the kill button again & usually on the 3rd time it would start.

This worked most of day except once when we stopped for gas, I tried the rer, play with kill switch routine for about 5 min but it wouldn't fire. So I walked away for about 5min came back & it fired no problem. We were on the way back to the trailers So I didn't turn my machine off for the rest of day for fear of it not starting again. When we got home & unloaded it fired no problem & has been starting with no problems since.

I'm a little stumped, any ideas?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dirty or wet cap on tether ? Or moister in the kill switch or dirty .....shoot some contact cleaner on both . Make sure the wireing harness plugs for the steering pod is seated and tight . Look for wires near the stearing colum that could be damaged . Did you install a different riser to the handle bars ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it's the stock 6" riser (bought is used this yr). Only electrically changes I've made is to add a wiring harness for my electric shield and heated riser bag.

I'll try the contact cleaner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had starting issues again this weekend. Thanks to helpful sledder (I had stopped on the trail to help pull him out of a deep hole) I now know the source of my starting issue.

The starter would turn over & starter wheel would spin but not engage the primary. After giving it a pry with a screw driver & trying the electric start again the starter wheel would engage the primary & start. Had to do this a few times over the day.

Now I need to figure out a fix. Is it lubrication issue or something else? Has anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Try carrying a small can of lock De-icer to spray in and around the starter gear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts