Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit something on the trail taday with my 2013 600 sport, the aluminum tubeing that goes up from the shock towers on the clutch side it broke off just above the weld, on the other side it buckled. For what it's worth I have the grip and rip braces kit. I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen this happen before.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, that does not look good. I have the GNR kit on my 600 and my understanding was that it was supposed to deflect the energy from an impact into the a-arms. Where on the sled did you make contact? The belly pan?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made contact on the right ski, it's odd the way it is damaged though the side that broke was on the left side (clutch side) and the side that hit was not broken off but it was folded down just past the weld. I also have both the grip and rip braces installed

·
Registered
399 Posts
insurance! wow! or a really good aluminum welder!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have owned the sled since new, the only hit it has ever taken was it slightly tweeked and per advice I saw on here I pulled it back to place and put the brace kit on. I thought about an aluminum welder but with the a-arms the way they look, and what's obviously broken I'm not sure what's strait on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought a sled with a broken pyramid. That piece actually is one of the main chassis supports with it broken the front end just dangles on a stand. I also had broken e module. If you don't have insurance I'd be interested in buying the sled if you sell it. 716-957-2926

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Check the two pipes coming down from the top of the pyramid, one secures behind the secondary clutch and the other side behind the chaincase. The wreck I did sheared off one of the lower mounting bolts. Make sure it didn't crack the chaincase. Looks like the s-module is shot and obviously the front pyramid. Also check where the bottom of the fuel tank meets the tunnel, if the rear pyramid is bent it will push the tank to one side or the other and the pipes will sit funny on the top of the tank. Your upper right a-arm may be bent forward too.

51799b74abe96e26c46e8c55c212ca56.jpg

The black bar behind the secondary sheared the bolt off.

f9f82b6bc43348d353a89d1798db75aa.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can certainly buy replacement parts to rebuild that pyramid. I would think that a large effort would be needed to pull that front A section/cross member out of there. I had to replace my rear member (the brace over the gas tank) a few months ago due to damage, and that was easy (8 bolts).

If you want to take this route, I recommend using ebay for quality 2nd hand parts, much cheaper than buying new from Doo. Good luck man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts