Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's actually a mocked up 2012, but all the listed improvements will be on the 13 making it the best XP RS ever!!

The yellow sleds should be tough to beat this year!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May be a dumb question but can that gauge pod intake system work on other trail sleds??
I think this is what your taking about. Looks like its going on a 2010 XRS.
Check it out:

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Can I touch it?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I put one on my sled it's not hard to Doo at all. Just make a template before you make your first cut a new piece is $40 or so
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle Wheel
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi!

Was curious if someone has the answer to some of my questions down below.

The new 2013 RS has some uppgrades to the front. Is it just the taller ball joint and the upper A-arm? Is the spindle also new?
If not, this would be an easy uppgrade to the 2012 model!

Thanks
Empa

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Empa.....it was my undestanding the spindle was to be changed. However, you got me thinking......I will bet they will just add the machined extension to the top of the existing spindle (like mods last year)......and save the tooling costs. We'll see when the sleds come in.

All handling improvements aside, the weakest link on last years sled was the lack of power and the nature of the power the sled did have was not very torquey. This made tuning very hard to do. This years sled has a new pipe, shortened intake and I think a changed y-pipe. Every year small changes are made to these components, but this year it means more because the new crank and cases NEEDED these changes to deliver the gains that were supposed to be in last years engine. I believe the 13 sled will be much faster. Maybe not the fastest out there.....but a solid player.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Fianlly..some real race chat....

Not sure if it would be worth your time to make the front changes. That liitle piece has a few trick angels as does the top arm to allow things to stay equal.

I looked at bump steer two years ago on the RS and it was near 0 then.

Read the words..but in my eyes that front has changed the roll centre. In addition flatter arms will help body sag on the turns..keeps the chassis more level.
Last year..on mods..I saw that and it looked ...visually...they increased bump steer as the body roll was more important to have fixed.
In my opinion...

yes..the engine development is similier to Euro shifter kart monsters. One thing getting the carb in closer does is reduce volume.

They need to make that head pipe adjustable for us..

Any sled info would be great Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts