Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode all day saturday this past weekend on great trails in northern michigan. On ride back to our cabin that night I noticed that the backlighting behind half of the middle circle and the entire right side of my gauge that shows the MPH had burned out. The gauge still functions perfectly and the brights indicator on the right side of the gauge works too.

I've been searching Dootalk for the past two days looking for an answer to my question and no luck. If I need to replace the gauge then I'm thinking I'll deal with the dim gauge as I use it strictly for warning lights, gas, and the temp sensor.

Any recommendations on solving the problem would be great

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'm not sure but can you replace just the bulb? I don't have my sled here to go out and check, but I know on some cars, the bulbs can be replaced? Have you called your dealer and asked them? I know on my older sled, I can replace just the bulbs, I would hope that they haven't forgetton that they will burn out at some point and not expecting us to buy the whole gauge?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure but can you replace just the bulb? I don't have my sled here to go out and check, but I know on some cars, the bulbs can be replaced? Have you called your dealer and asked them? I know on my older sled, I can replace just the bulbs, I would hope that they haven't forgetton that they will burn out at some point and not expecting us to buy the whole gauge?
I haven't had the chance to dig into my sled yet, but I hope it's that easy. I checked the parts diagram and didn't see any bulbs that could be replaced :sad_old:

·
Registered
5 Posts
my brothers 12 xrs did the same exact thing and the dealer said there is no bulb in the dash its just built into it. His sled has 400 miles on it and ski-doo wont cover it. dealer said they have never seen one do that. for the price of the dash he decided he will just leave it for now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
ive had a one of those gauges apart and there are 2 little leds that are soldered onto the board and the light shines through 2 glass tubes. almost like neon. i still have all the parts from a parted out one will try to get some pics for you. hope that helps jason

·
Registered
345 Posts
Half my LEDs are smoked on my non premium gauge also... Its not a common problem as its just part of the other cluster [email protected]&$ issues like lack of working fuel gauge and low oil warnings at 1/2 tank...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts