Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my sled was running and then died and left me stranded, i can pull it over and i get nothing but very dim headlights, I replaced the stator with no change. Then i replaced the voltage regulator and no change, i tested the kill switch and that checks out.I guess my next option is the ECM as these machines have no relays or fuses. What do you guys think ECM is all that is left.

· Registered
2005 Summit X 154 T-motion
923 Posts
Sorry if I am stating the obvious but first I would pull the plugs and make sure you have spark and I am not sure how easy that task is on the E-Tech. Then I would try and find out if the Injectors are getting fuel. It seems they have filter that sometimes can clog up? I am sure someone can give you a more ideas but that is a start.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a powertek 800 carb sled , i just hooked up software to the sled and it wont do anything. Usually the guages move and the lights come on with some beeps... I have tested dc power on ecm pins and i have .9v .

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys , so here is where i am at with this sled. Another guy had put a new stator in machine , fixed a broken coil wire and now it wont start. I have the buds software in my shop and when i hook it up and then add 12v to the harness that i always have to with no electric start sleds it blows the 30amp fuse on my harness. So i noticed that black and red wire on regulator connector were cut and reattached. SO i thought i would check the connection and they were loose and not good. I took them apart to solder properly and thought to myself maybe they are backwards in the plug. I swapped the black and red and then i am able to hook up buds and read the vehicle with adding 12v just like before.

I need a picture to confirm how the wires are in the regulator plug to make sure these are right.(service manual does not show )
Also is there a possibilty that the yellow wires from stator are in the wrong spots as well.
I have tried a new regulator and even a spare ecm and this machine is dead, it did have spark when tested.

· Premium Member
30,334 Posts
Since there is no battery, I am guessing (key word lol ) that reverse polarity would still work with a positive ground. In other words, correcting the polarity on a batteryless Manual Start would not correct an existing electrical problem. I think we are back to square one. The question is, what to check first? We might need to get our thinking caps lol

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the sled died last year on ride, just cam to a stop and would not start. So the guy who owned sled took it to friend who swapped stator and fixed a broken coil wire. Sled would not start still after that so i bought sled on a good deal for my son.I checked the pickups and they are right ,all his yeloow stator wires are in regulator plug. I have not found any other wires in harness that are possible issue. I have tried new regulator and ecm and key from another sled and nothing. I have the buds software for my seadoos so i hooked up to sled and it blows the 30 amp fuse on my harness that connects to a 12v battery since there is no electric start. Now that i have swapped the red and black iin regulator plug i cna hook up to sled and threre are no faults on sled. It has spark when i put tester on it and pull. So now what could be the issue on a carbed sled, I have checked the relay beside oil tank and the 2 fuses are good... Hope someone can help me think where to go next.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So i finally got time to get back at this sled and here is my list.
Stator checks out fine for continuity on all 3 pairs
Kill switch is working
Ignition coil tested fine on primary 0.6 resistance , secondary got no resistance test

I can hook my software up and when i activate the ignition coil and get no spark.
I hook a 12v battery to sled for my software and sled lights up and guages,headlights.
I have tried a ecm and key and new regulator with no results...

Maybe ignition coil is where im leaning...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts