Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Iam having a problem with my 2012 skidoo renegade 600 etec. Sled has worked great up until I had to replace the stator at around 8000 km with a second hand Skidoo stator. After getting it running again I have put a solid 500km on the sled running it hard but noticed over the past little while a lot of black soot coming out of the exhaust, even enough to turn my white slydog ski's black. Oil consumption is good so Iam assuming its excess fuel? So here's the problem.... just lately after I let the sled warm up (until display doesn't say "warm up" 2 bars on the temp gauge) when I go to take off it bogs really bad for a second then takes off like a bat out of hell. Once warmed up sled acts perfect and runs like a champ (put 60 flawless KM's on her the other day). Does anyone know what could be causeing this etec bog? I tried new fuel and gave the sled a good going over but it still does it on cold starts. Any information before I take it to the dealer would be appreciated. Thanks

Side note: motor wise the sled is stock and no codes are coming up on the display.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Got the same bog on my15 summit 600e. I think it´s the rave valves that are sticking when the engine is cold. One bog and thats all on a coldstart.

Really no problem, just warm it up before you go. Newer happend too me if a got 3 bars when begining too ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking rave valves too considering they have never been cleaned. I only run xps full synthetic but wondering since I had a bad/burnt plug wire last year the computer is making the sled run too rich all of a sudden? Very strange and should put a few more kilometres on it to see if it gets better or worst. I also wonder if it's the exhaust sensor failing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts