Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys... Got a 2012 800 etec and rode 100 miles yesterday and used roughly 3/8 of a tank of oil. Still running ski do oil synthetic in it. I thought these sleds were suppose to be high and mighty with oil consumption. I don't know if somehow the oil pump got turned up?!? I don't want to play with it. No mods to sled other than clutching and timing advanced. Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Did it have the piston update recently? If so it might still be in break in mode.
Once broken in, should be able to go 500 miles on a full tank of oil. How long have you owned it? There is a setting in buds for oil pump,there's a number on the pump that should correspond to the setting in the computer. Buds or can doo software to adjust.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry took so long to get back.... Yes it had the Pistons done 2 years ago... Interesting you said something about the pump yesterday I was running about 85 mph and the sled shut off on me. Thought I seized the motor but 10 min later it started up and ran like **** and the cleaned itself up and ran fine. Pulled one plug out on trail (all I could get to) and it was pretty black

1 - 4 of 4 Posts