Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having any issues with their 600 etec's bogging after a cold start? Runs like a champ after its warmed up and is showing no engine codes.

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts
Please choose one of the following lol

1. Runs like a champ after its warmed up.

2. Bogs after the "warm up" display is gone.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
My 16 600 was doing similar, on a cold start if I let it idle waiting for the warm-up cycle to finish it would not move unless I held it wide open and had 200 feet to let it clear out, it was like one of the plug's was fouling. No codes..... once I cleared it, it ran great till the next cold start. dealer found the ECM was corrupt, swapped it out, no issues any more....

·
Registered
708 Posts
My 16 600 was doing similar, on a cold start if I let it idle waiting for the warm-up cycle to finish it would not move unless I held it wide open and had 200 feet to let it clear out, it was like one of the plug's was fouling. No codes..... once I cleared it, it ran great till the next cold start. dealer found the ECM was corrupt, swapped it out, no issues any more....
My wife's 2016 600 etec is doing the same exact thing. I thought it was maybe some bad gas from last season. It hasn't been ridden enough to determine if it would continue. I better just take it in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 2012 600 does the same thing. I tried new plugs and same thing. Only happens during warm up, sounds exactly like fouled plug. Runs perfect all day after warm. I just live with it now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My wifes is doing the exact same thing. There is another thread in this section about it. Changed external fuel filter and tried sea foam. It seems to get better but still not running the way it should......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, maybe I should have been a little more clear with my problem. The sled only bogs when it cold starts. While the engine is warming up to temperature (at idle) and finally stops displaying the "warm up" screen, temperature showing 2 bars, it bogs when you first take off and does it atleast twice when giving it throttle leaving the yard. It doesn't seem to do it again until the motor sits long enough and cools right down. Never has this motor done this before and I find it strange. Wondering if it could be gas related.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sorry, maybe I should have been a little more clear with my problem. The sled only bogs when it cold starts. While the engine is warming up to temperature (at idle) and finally stops displaying the "warm up" screen, temperature showing 2 bars, it bogs when you first take off and does it atleast twice when giving it throttle leaving the yard. It doesn't seem to do it again until the motor sits long enough and cools right down. Never has this motor done this before and I find it strange. Wondering if it could be gas related.
Yes. That is exactly what my wife's does. It goes through warmup then when I take off it bogs down then after a couple of seconds it finally kicks in. After that it runs fine. Park it for an hour or more and it does it again. I was going to take it to the new dealer 2 miles from my house and found out they were closed on Mondays. I'm wondering if they are a hair salon or Chinese restaurant now. Who's closed on Monday?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I have a 2016 that when not fully warmed up bogs a little then when warmed up properly like it should be runs fine.I just figured it was normal and a non issue. Just let it warm up a bit longer. When the warm up screen goes off it is still pretty cold running less than 100 F on the digital display . The bog seems like a function to stop a cold seizure from happening.

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts
See if you can find at what Coolant Temperature it stops to bog. It could be a poor reading of the Coolant Temp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts