Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SnomoSnob
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, went to replace the fuel filter and it's integrated into the regulator, once removed I looked up the replacement at BRP,$ 35.00 for a $5.. filter???

I spliced in the filter we used for the Mach Z 1000s just for easy replacement, but can I run it without the one in the regulator?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

MrGutZ

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Is this the one that looks like a normal fuel filter with the two clamps on it? Somewhere in this forum is the part number, I believe it's for a mid/late 80's Chrysler turbo. About $5 from pep boys, and a couple of bucks for new fuel injection clamps.

·
SnomoSnob
2,616 Posts
Not that type, it was changed from that type to this new type that goes into the fuel pump/regulator assembly.

I'll try to post a pic.

Off to AutoZone and Napa on Saturday.

Thanks

GutZ

Font Auto part Drawing Illustration Line art

Attachments

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,835 Posts
Not that type, it was changed from that type to this new type that goes into the fuel pump/regulator assembly.

I'll try to post a pic.

Off to AutoZone and Napa on Saturday.

Thanks

GutZ

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.g
fuel pump.jpg
good luck finding after market filter so far brp only.but if you find out different,please let us know the results.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
#22 inside pump assembly is the new inline filter no more steel canister in the 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Good info, did not know that.

I understand the 13's & 14's also have the fuel sender attached to the pump, so if the sender goes bad, the whole pump assembly also has to be replaced. Sure hope they have better sender units than in the past! Pump is $400+ for them! Yikes!!!!!!!

·
boost junkie
10,681 Posts
I bet walbro makes one like 15 and wix should have 22

·
SnomoSnob
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone have WICs catalog that lists specs by dimensions?

GutZ

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,835 Posts
MrGutz did you find out anything on the filter yesterday at the parts store?

·
SnomoSnob
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not great luck yet.

But inspect the o-ring when you remove the Filter Housing. My o-ring was torn 90% through and pinched. From the Factory?

Anyways, I found a fuel safe plastic diffuser (Sort Of) and will splice in a filter we use on the MachZ 1000 engines from Napa.

I will post some pics as soon as I do the install.

Also the o-ring is 13.00 from the dealer, 2 week wait on the oem 29.5 mm nitrile oring with the 1mm cross section.

I'm going to see if the Napa one I have will work, at least for now.

Later

GutZ

·
SnomoSnob
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Preventive Maintenance only.

The sled has almost 7500 miles on it, change the plugs, filters, etc...

The filter does have a grey dirty look to it.

GutZ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts