Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried to look up a little trying to find a situation similar to mine and im sure there is one somewhere but i haven't found it.

My 2011 600rs is stock other than re-jet and a 10 gallon tank, when i got the sled 3 years ago i did these and haven't done much to it since but ride it and do simple maintenance. In the beginning of the season I pulled the tank and emptied any leftover gas and took apart the carbs, Y-pipe gaskets also needed to be replaced so I did that. Finally got snow for the first time and took it out first day it was running fine other than 2 times it had an extremely minor bog when put WOT like .5 seconds, when i lined up for a drag in a field. The next day it ran fine then a couple hours later it started to get an odd bog around 8,000ish RPM it is like it hits a wall, almost a studder or limiter, if I was cruising then slap it WOT it would pull until about just under 8,000 RPM then I could get off it and get back on it WOT and it would pull like crazy like it always has, so it wasn't a constant bog and it she seemed ok so I kept riding. Then that night my overheat light came on and when we checked it was very low on coolant, we were close to home so we limped it back thinking with the bog and the low coolant it was shot. We took it in the garage and filled it with coolant and let it sit for the night, when inspecting it I noticed the primer line fell off and we didn't have a clamp to hold it so I only reconnected it when starting. The next morning the sled started right up and ran really well and hard for like 20 minutes and only bogged a couple times. At first the coolant and engine overheating along with bogging was making me think engine issue maybe blown head gasket. But it ran all day without losing coolant so i deemed them unrelated. So after I ran it in the morning we rode all day and as i ran it harder through the day it seemed the bog was getting a little more into the mid range and then after some hard road ripping with a punch of fresh snow it seemed to be idling very rough and bogging more often now but it was on and off she still ripped sometimes so im not sure what is the cause of the bog i thought for a little maybe the primer line but am not sure because i can't ride it right now. sorry for the novel im off at college and my snowmobile is upnorth so I can't just ride it and trouble shoot things and need all the possible ideas so i can get it sorted out asap when i go up this weekend

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clutch springs havent been replaced since ive had it, I thought about that as well because the clutches seemed to have lost some snap any they probably do need to be replaced regardless at the end of this season but it doesn't explain the odd idle I got after running it for a long time. The plugs seem normal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i dont know if you ever seen an engine do misfiring....this is my 2011 rs......that pieces came out form pipe......often clogged exahust and rpm drops.....now eliminate it and run strong

10982171_10204821553516898_3790452541035

·
Registered
1 Posts
My "New to me" 2009 600Rs has been giving me the same problems, expect mine is quite difficult to start up you need to give it a little throttle every time you start it and then if you let it idle it tends to die out very quickly dropping rpm below 1000. when riding everything is good except when you go full throttle then it almost sputters / bogs out as if it had a rev limiter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts