Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just seeking advice before I get back tomorrow from a trip riding. Sled is a 2010 tnt 600 carb. Only thing done is ggb can and 23 tooth top sprocket.

It ran perfect Friday and all day Saturday. Just over 180 miles. I just got the sled about a month ago but first time riding it. Well suddenly it started stumbling. Then it cleared up. Now if I go full throttle it pulls off the line then falls on its face and just stumbles till you let off. Bottom end of throttle is good. Just top end really. Any ideas? Don't know if it was every opened up before. Guy I bought from didn't know much. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
If i was you i would be cleaning the carbs and anything fuel related for a start before you damage the motor.

·
Premium Member
27,907 Posts
Do you suspect fuel related problem? Meaning did this start shortly after a top-up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back home and started looking at it. The plugs look horrible. Very wet. Black as black can get and bunch of carbon on them. I don't think it was from topping off. We topped off on fuel and this started about 30 miles later. Thing is it seems to use a lot of oil too. About 90 miles and it went through almost half a tank. Gonna check compression later just to make sure it's where it should be.

·
Registered
519 Posts
things I would do / check

get a shop manual

- clean rave valves
- check, clean carbs, verify what is in them for jets
- check oil pump cable setting, there is a procedure in shop manual
- check clutch and secondary
- do you know why it was geared down? only reason I would gear it down would be if I put on a bigger lug track

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it was geared for the 1.75 track on it since it came w a 1in track.
Got back to town last night. Compression is 137 in each so good there.
Carbs look dirty. Have them off just have to clean. Now
Valves were horrible. Lots of crap caked on them
One of the reeds has a chip out of it. Ordered new carbon fiber v force for it now.
Didn't mess with the oil pump yet. Will later.

Look like its probably a combination of everything. Seems like the previous owner ran some crap oil in it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My wives 2012 TNT did the same thing first time out this year. Used about 2qts of oil in about 70 miles, and had poor fuel economy. Dealer checked the oil pump and cable,ok. Cleaned the carbs and now the sled runs great and oil usage is much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts