Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
They (swt) didn’t come in black, (not in NA anyways), only the v800 wt expedition came in black, some have swapped the black hood of those to put on their swt, mostly like that’s what you saw?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I figured as much. He said it came that way when he bought new. There is a bit of a language barrier so some things get lost in translation. View attachment 2001795
Looks pretty neat... Is it possible that maybe the black hood comes from an expedition and they put the Skandic decals on ??
I wanted a black hood when I bought mine new in 2010 but the dealer told me that it was not an option. Maybe he wanted to sell me the one he had in stock ? I don't know.

If you want, I can translate the description if it's in French.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks pretty neat... Is it possible that maybe the black hood comes from an expedition and they put the Skandic decals on ??
I wanted a black hood when I bought mine new in 2010 but the dealer told me that it was not an option. Maybe he wanted to sell me the one he had in stock ? I don't know.

thanks bud. His wife did a pretty good job. I am going back tomorrow to give it a good look and possibly bring it home.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
regardless of colour the 2010 did not have the timing chain issue the previous years had, it was that year brp put in the improved guides, it’s a gem in good condition, the last real utility sled they built IMO

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I took a pic of the decals on my 2010 SWT 800 to see if they match the ones on the black hood...They don't.

So, they obviously made decals for the black hood production. Maybe they are rare but more likely, there are lots out there and we just don't get to see them. They are far in the bush working hard.
The fact is that the vast majority of sled owners are not on DooTalk posting pics and talking about their sleds...Let alone 12 years old ones.
Or maybe, the black ones were more common in Europe but I doubt it.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car Motor vehicle

·
8,062 Posts
I took a pic of the decals on my 2010 SWT 800 to see if they match the ones on the black hood...They don't.

So, they obviously made decals for the black hood production. Maybe they are rare but more likely, there are lots out there and we just don't get to see them. They are far in the bush working hard.
The fact is that the vast majority of sled owners are not on DooTalk posting pics and talking about their sleds...Let alone 12 years old ones.
Or maybe, the black ones were more common in Europe but I doubt it.

View attachment 2001829
That looks identical to me, just applied on a black hood. There were no Yeti II SWT's sold with a black hood from the factory in NA. In the picture with the black hood, if you look at the "Rotax V800 4-tec" decal on the upper sides of the hood, you can see the yellow outline, intended to blend into a yellow background, but it stands out like a sore thumb on the black background.

You never know the story on random sleds. Maybe the dealer himself or a special customer wanted a yellow hood on an Expedition, so the black hood ended up here; maybe Jr's first day on the forklift was a bad one and the original yellow hood got skewered. All possibilities.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
That looks identical to me, just applied on a black hood. There were no Yeti II SWT's sold with a black hood from the factory in NA. In the picture with the black hood, if you look at the "Rotax V800 4-tec" decal on the upper sides of the hood, you can see the yellow outline, intended to blend into a yellow background, but it stands out like a sore thumb on the black background.

You never know the story on random sleds. Maybe the dealer himself or a special customer wanted a yellow hood on an Expedition, so the black hood ended up here; maybe Jr's first day on the forklift was a bad one and the original yellow hood got skewered. All possibilities.
One sticker difference is the color of the SKI-DOO logo on the side and top. On the yellow cab it's black and on the black cab it's grey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts