Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I do oil and filter. Fuel stabilizer and grease my skids. While under there check for worn idler bearings, look at slides, etc. .

Mainways kits in both of mine so lots of grease gun action.

Battery maintainers and leave them alone for the entire summer. No starting them after leak checking the fresh oil change.

I fix anything needed so when the snow flies next year I'm locked 'n loaded.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Another spring job to do is remove the drive belt once the sled is parked in it's seasonal spot. Chain case oil needs to be changed also. I disconnect the battery for the summer and charge it in the fall. Some leave it connected with a trickle charger attached. Other maintenance items include cleaning clutches and replacing "O" rings in primary clutch. With my age, I started a new system of leaving a note in the glovebox of what was done in the spring for shutdown and what needs to be done in the fall prior to start-up....Now I just have to remember that I left myself a note!

·
Mainway Solutions Inc.
2020 Renegade XRS
2,885 Posts
Just looking for some hints or to do's as to what I need to take care of before I put it away till next winter.

Thanks

Ian
Checking your sled over for worn suspension components is always a good thing to Doo:) Checking the front a-arms, stabilizer bushings, tie rod links and ball joints...these are some of the pivot points in the front. The rear has many more and should be addressed as well. Getting to know your suspension is by dooing and reading. There is a lot of great information on this site for individuals who want to DIY

The best time to do any maintenance or upgrades is at the end on the season. If you need any parts you wont be scrambling to find them before your first ride.

Sharing your learning experience is also a good way to pay-it-back

Reactions: grover and spud62w

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
for me its just fuel

try to have pure gas

but stabilizer will help

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Wash, dry off good use compressed air, wd40 entire chassis, pull belt to be washed, use old belt for storage, remove primary and seconday springs, use ole springs to load into trailer for off season....change oil...stabil or seafoam, let run ck for leaks,....back off rear springs and hook up battery tender..............stare at for hours, days and months waiting for the next season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts