Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new to this forum so please bear with me. I have a 2010 Ski Doo MXZ 600 RS carb model. I am looking to clutch it, but I don't know or can find the magic numbers for the best performance, and I don't exactly know much about the clutches. Maybe with it being a race sled, it is the best it could be. I am looking at a StraightLine Performance Clutch kit, 0 - 3000'. I have a buddy with a 2015 Arctic Cat 6000sx and he blows me out of the water every time. His clutch engages at 3500 and pulls way harder than mine engaging at 4500. Any suggestions? I have also been looking at a Y-Pipe or expansion pipe. I don't really have the money for it all, but I am trying to figure out the best options for the money. Say 500 bucks max, what are the best ways to either up performance, or correct clutching? Or something along those lines to keep up in a short drag, and still be able to cruise trails without guzzling as much fuel? Along to that, the clickers on the side of the clutch, how are those adjusted? I owned the sled a year and I have fiddled with them without noticing any differences. I have no idea how they are set anymore, how can I reset them? Thank You all in advance. The picture is just the other day, I put my own wrap on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Race manual said clutch for 8400 rpm.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm assuming its trail converted pump gas?

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
415 ramps. 230/350 spring. helix in the low to mid 40's and a stock secondary spring. works good. gear to like 23/45 -26/45 depanding on what you are after

Reactions: Ski-B
1 - 4 of 4 Posts