Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched hi an low on this no one ever seems to post what they did to fix the issue and there are tons of topics on this.

Ok sled just got a complete rebuild Crankshaft, monoblock, dual ring Pistons & water pump shaft I picked it up over summer and put 5 miles on it and lost the engine due to stripped plastic warm gear and crank was toast. So idk if this was a prior problem previous owner claims 8300rpm on gauge at all times.

So now sleds all back together and take it out for a ride and would only pull 7600-7700 rpm just decided to say the hell with it and ride it. As I'm riding sleds starts to over rev throwing knock sensor codes and going into limp mode. I'd say it happened 10 times I'd pull over and shut it down and it'd go away. Got back to the truck after riding 90-100miles and I looked the sled over found the spark plug cap was not seated all the way on plug on PTO side. Fixxed that problem and went back out and ripped it around now sled is back to only pulling 7600-7700 rpm with a fluttering noise when WOT.

Got back to the shop took clutch apart has DJ clutch kit in it and all the weight had fallen out of pins. Loaded them back up to 23g and now 7500 rpm max doesn't mater 1-6 on clickers no change took out weight to 21g 1-6 on clickers no change in rpm. Tried a different clutch off another 800r and still no change in rpm so clutching is not my current issue.

Looking for some suggestions

Also sled has a Dyno port pipe & Y pipe with stock can

·
Registered
601 Posts
Have you had a look at the secondary ? Rave valves ? Clutches hot ? Clutch alignment---- Engine mount(s) ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts