Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 BC 137 600 and was thinking about trying to turn it into a more of a off trail sled. The machine is like new, only has 1000K on it and the only upgrade thus far is a 8" riser .

I'm not looking to make a mountain crawler , the intent is to make the machine easier to handle for my wife. She rode my 2015 Summit SP 146 this past weekend and discovered how easy it is to maneuver on and off trails. She refers toe the BC as a "tank" and says it is too hard for her to handle on or off trails.

So, to me keeping the stock track would be fine and retain the stock gearing but I need to address the r-motion and front end some how. The 8" riser still seems to be insufficient compared to my Summit

so would want even taller and maybe improved bar.

My alternative is to just buy another Summit. The new 2016 is on a huge discount right now and the dealer has the identical sled to mine in the same colors. We'd look like book ends with the same machine and clothing, not sure that is cool . :wink_old:

Oh, and I live in an area where 16feet of snow falls annually, the mountains only rise to 3000feet and I can ride trail or off anytime and anywhere, absolutely no restrictions. Machines are parked at the cottage 15 minutes from my home I do not even have to trailer .

What's the advise??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sell it and buy a Summit.
Wife likely prefers the narrow front on summit compared to BC
I did just that, bought the Summit. Not sure what kind of Frankindoo I'd end up with multiple mods, at least with the new 2016 Summit I know what it is.

I'm pretty sure you are correct, part of what makes the Summit easier to handle is the narrow ski stance , the tMotion, narrow seat and higher handle bar

location certainly help too . Great end of the year deal, huge discount and they gave me a fair trade on my Backcountry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts