Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Took my sled out to clean and inspect. Change the chaicase oil belt and plugs. Put the sled back on the trailer on Saturday and noticed that is was low on gas went and got some gas added some stabilizer. Went to start the sled it starts right up but the engine lights comes on and beeps and do not have any tach or speedo. Also do not have anyhting on the digital display. This is a carburated sled with no sensors. Ran fine to put it back on to the trailer. Any suggestions

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Make sure you plugged back in the air sensor on your air box.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
It does not have any sensors what so ever.
You are obivously a Newbie here
, so I'll take it easy on you and
help educate you about the 800R

All 800R's have sensors............................they help engine management systems functions.

You need to realize just because it has carbs, DOES NOT mean
there are no sensors.

(ATS)Air temp sensor
(TPS)Trottle Position sensor
(CTS) Coolant Temp Sensor
(CPS)Crankshaft Position sensor
(KS)Knock sensor
Solenoids
(APS) Air pressure sensor> integrated into ECM
ECM
etc....

*check to make sure ALL wiring connectors are connected

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i meant by no sensors is that there are no sensors like on my SDI the I could have let undone. Like on the air box or on the exhaust. I checked a little further and found that I do not have anything that works on my instument cluster. NO speedo no tack no gauges and no instument lights.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The air box does have a sensor that will cause the check engine light to flash if left unplugged but obviously you have bigger issues than that. As the previous poster said you'll have to check you're electrical connections. Of course you could always bring it to the dealer and have them read the code, which may not fix your dead instrument cluster anyway.

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
This may sound stupid but make sure your tether / DESS is making a good connection. I would take it off and make sure it's clean then put it back on and start the sled. If it's still beeping rotate the tether back and forth and see if the beeping goes away.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have had several clusters do that with nothing working, or lights or anything. But on mine the oil light and the temp light would flash back and forth. If I shut the sled off and restarted it once in a while it would work properly. I think the cluster itself was going bad.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
my connector to the back of my 09 gauge had a pin pull out and lost all gauges. just had to fix the wire, pull the guage out check everything out

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I agree that you inadvertently unplugged something. Happened to me changing a brake line. It took me a real long time to find it, as it was in a very difficult area to see.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Took my sled out to clean and inspect. Change the chaicase oil belt and plugs. Put the sled back on the trailer on Saturday and noticed that is was low on gas went and got some gas added some stabilizer. Went to start the sled it starts right up but the engine lights comes on and beeps and do not have any tach or speedo. Also do not have anyhting on the digital display. This is a carburated sled with no sensors. Ran fine to put it back on to the trailer. Any suggestions
I knocked out my coolant temp sensor changing my plugs trail side and didnt even know it. Light came on. Plugged back in when i got to the cabin light went off. Also if your D.E.S.S Key is not plugged in properly or is dirty all those things that you described will happend. Wipe it clean stick it on and give it a jiggle and twist

·
Registered
312 Posts
You are obivously a Newbie here
, so I'll take it easy on you and
help educate you about the 800R

All 800R's have sensors............................they help engine management systems functions.

You need to realize just because it has carbs, DOES NOT mean
there are no sensors.

(ATS)Air temp sensor
(TPS)Trottle Position sensor
(CTS) Coolant Temp Sensor
(CPS)Crankshaft Position sensor
(KS)Knock sensor
Solenoids
(APS) Air pressure sensor> integrated into ECM
ECM
etc....

*check to make sure ALL wiring connectors are connected
They are "sensitive " "edit for bad language"s aren't they.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts