Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was looking for some input on what you guys felt was a good setup on this sled. Last year I never had alot of time to really experiment on different changes so I just ran it out of the box. The power was good, felt tippy in turns, backshifting could be faster. I would like it to be a lil snappier! I've always been able to ride whatever and however it was setup, but obviously feel I could be alot faster if I had it dialed in properly. I know the main response to this post is " it's all preference " but I want your input so I can improve it and then work from there. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
ditch the stock primary spring, finish rate is too low. 250-460 PK 415019900 works nice

clicker 4/5 works well

stock helix is decent, stock spring too. heavier black/light blue (now black/yellow) for heavy wet snow type tracks

more pin weight needed, i run team 3 way adjustables in mine.

shocks wise, call me! I recall seeing you a time or two up at NESRA past winter, did you run RMR too? didnt see you there?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Are you racing or trail riding? Makes a big difference.

The RS sits very tall for racing and will be tippy for trails. The sled can be greatly improved for either racing or trails with an experienced shock tuner. The stock set up for trails would be brutal and dangerous. For racing the shocks can be made more compliant and the sled can be made much more predictable.

I'd agree with Ian on the clutching for the primary, but I would add replacing the helix for sure. Especially if you are racing it. Granted, no one wants to give away secrets, but I would at least experiment with more aggressive helixes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you racing or trail riding? Makes a big difference.

The RS sits very tall for racing and will be tippy for trails. The sled can be greatly improved for either racing or trails with an experienced shock tuner. The stock set up for trails would be brutal and dangerous. For racing the shocks can be made more compliant and the sled can be made much more predictable.

I'd agree with Ian on the clutching for the primary, but I would add replacing the helix for sure. Especially if you are racing it. Granted, no one wants to give away secrets, but I would at least experiment with more aggressive helixes.
snox, and since you don't live near me tom and we won't be racing against each other.... it's safe to give me your secrets lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts