Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals! Iam wondering if anyone could tell me what my max rpm should be on my sled? I have a header, pipes, can and a power commander if that makes a diff!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Had that setup in mine...Set it for 8400 RPM in perfect conditions so most of the time it would sit between 7900-8300 and those awesome days it with be right at or hit the limiter.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What do you mean when you blew the primary? I assume it was the stock TRA and something broke inside the clutch, like an arm? There are dozens of posts regarding the stock clutch and known issues but please be more specific if you are looking for some assistance and a resolution to your problem. If it is the clutch and it needs replacing then you have a couple of choices and you can do the research on this site and see what others have done.

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
my 10 tra clutch did explode,at 9000 prm

the movable sheave started to crack and kept ragging on it untill a big chunk flew off

had a gr/pk spring with a lighter roller pin stock ramps when it let loose

moved the same parts to a tra5 and other than some rattling its working great

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cool thanks. Did you ever have any primary issues. Just blew mine. Only has 2800mi on it!
Change the primary, if you still have a TRA on there you will have to rebuild it often. It works great when newly rebuilt though.

TRA replaced at 3000 miles (Shot full rebuild would be needed) -> Edrive 2
Edrive 2 replace at 2800 miles (Flat spots on rollers) -> Calibrated Gen 1 PB80
PB80 Still strong at 14000 miles (could have replaced the spring, but only lost 300RPM so I added a bit of weight)
Don't know how long a CVtech clutch would last, but the way I rode it I'm impressed. Sold it with the sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts