Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 2009 Summit anniversary edition and I'm having an issue with a coolant/anti-freeze leak. The problem is it doesn't happen when the sled is running. It happens after I get home after a good ride and she cools down...I thought initially it was a hose clamp slack but that isn't the trouble. Has this happened to anyone before? Please let me know!! Thanks!!

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
Yep, common problem. You need to remove all the crappy clamps and replace them with quality screw type clamps...and not the harbor freight box-o-clamps. Leave the small ones on the bottle, you'll just end up breaking the nipple off the bottle (don't ask my how i know :) ). You will have to pull the air box and carbs to get to some of the clamps. Some are a challenge requiring you to remove the exhaust but it's a good time to do some cleanup ad general maintenance as well, like checking your Y pipe bolts and stuff :)

these sleds build up pressure and push coolant out. That leads me to my second recommendation and thats replace the cap as it's probably time for a new one anyway.

On my sled, i can pull the cap off in the morning and have pressure still built up in the system. Some have stated that ski-doo runs the wrong type of cap on these and they allow a little air in the system. I just burp them in the morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts