Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our Club has a 2009 Skandic 550F WT that lost spark while sitting in my garage. The sled dropped a piston last season so we rebuilt the top ends about a month ago. It started and ran fine after the rebuild. I started and heat cycled it a couple times then left it set awaiting for the snow. Last week when one of the members came to get it, it wouldn't start. It has no spark. I've disconnected the tether and kill switch and tried to bypass both with no luck. When I crank the starter, the headlight does light up so I may be incorrectly be assuming the stator is fine.

Any ideas where to look would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Sounds like something got undone after the rebuild?

double check the electrical plugs coming out of the engine, module, pickup coil...etc, possible causes to no spark other the that is most likely to least is module, pickup coil or stator

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like something got undone after the rebuild?

double check the electrical plugs coming out of the engine, module, pickup coil...etc, possible causes to no spark other the that is most likely to least is module, pickup coil or stator
Thanks - Already checked all the connections. Is there an easy way to test the module, coil and stator? We also have a 2015 Skandic 550F but it appears that the part numbers have changed or I would just change out the module and coil one at a time.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I'm not sure if the '15's are the same, also not sure how to test other then swapping out part, maybe someone else here knows, there was some problems with the flywheel failing on some eairler 550 as well, not sure if that was corrected on the later ones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't even locate a shop repair manual for a 2009 Skandic WT 550F. Does anyone know what years are the same or similar to a 2009?

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
'08-'09-'10-11' 550 wt skandics are the same model on the yetti II chassis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts