Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the bottle on my sled is empty. Any recommendations where I should look for leaks?

Can i just add coolant to the bottle or will that create air pockets?

The sled is new to me from a friend of a friend, I have started the sled this year but have not taken it our for a ride yet.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's probably not actually low. I'd bet you a chicken sandwich that when you open it, some comes flowing back in. The 800r is like that, not sure why but it is.

For leaks though, there was a TSB for 08-09 model years that had the hose clamps replaced because they leaked. Check out a parts diagram and replace the clamps under the gas tank (if evidence of coolant) and back behind the exhaust for the clamp that goes to the front heat exchanger. And last, there may have been one under the engine that was a PITA to get to.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's probably not actually low. I'd bet you a chicken sandwich that when you open it, some comes flowing back in. The 800r is like that, not sure why but it is.

For leaks though, there was a TSB for 08-09 model years that had the hose clamps replaced because they leaked. Check out a parts diagram and replace the clamps under the gas tank (if evidence of coolant) and back behind the exhaust for the clamp that goes to the front heat exchanger. And last, there may have been one under the engine that was a PITA to get to.
I bought my 2017 renegade this fall and after looking it over I found nothing in the coolant bottle.

Mechanic did a pressure test and found no leaks. He told me it was nothing to worry about and not uncommon on this motor. There was still plenty of coolant below the bottle in the hoses, but he topped it off.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My 800 ETEC does the same too.

Engine is rebuild, and i was actually checking the coolant level today as i fixed something else on the sled.

Bottle was almost empty, opened the cap slowly and i got to 'cold level' on the bottle right away.

This sled has alway done this, so try do the same to yours, on cold engine!

You can add some, some DL if it's what it takes to get it to the cold level, if you have to fill alot, i would start looking for leaks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. Topped it off. It didn't take much and level has been steady for about 200 miles so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts