Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the bottle on my sled is empty. Are there any known places I should be checking for leaks. How should i go about refilling the system? Should i run the sled and get it up to temp before making any changes?

Cheers

Ryan

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If you open the cap does coolant flow back in? If not yes look for leaks in the cooler hoses by motor etc..add coolant elevate the sleds front end up to allow any air bubbles to escape the cooler I also rock mine side to side up on a snowbank for example or tilted sled bed.. fill and repeat. Check at temp for leaks if you struggle up dye that will activate with black light is available at auto parts stores pretty cheaply the little ice fishing lure lights usually activate it too as long as they have up spectrum not just white leds. Goodluck

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
I copy and pasted my response in your other thread. And definitely do what was recommended above.

It's probably not actually low. I'd bet you a chicken sandwich that when you open it, some comes flowing back in. The 800r is like that, not sure why but it is.

For leaks though, there was a TSB for 08-09 model years that had the hose clamps replaced because they leaked. Check out a parts diagram and replace the clamps under the gas tank (if evidence of coolant) and back behind the exhaust for the clamp that goes to the front heat exchanger. And last, there may have been one under the engine that was a PITA to get to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. It did not flow back in when the cap was off so i put it on a ramp and topped it off. Level seems to be holding now put about 200 miles on it.

I had the seat off replacing the rubber grommets/fuel line in tank so i was able to check coolant fittings under the seat. No signs of leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts