Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help and was hoping I mind find the help I need here. I have a 2009 600etec TNT that when it gets about 8-10 miles on it goes down into limp mode. Now last year this sled blew the crank bearing and we had it rebuilt by a very reputable facility. We had a chance to ride it one time after the rebuild and everything seemed to run fine. we drained the gas and stored it for the year. Put brand new 91 octane in the sled this year road it 8 miles and it shut down to limp, we let it sit for 20 minutes started it again and it ran fine for another 10 miles and went down to limp. What do your guys think might cause this? Coil, stator, temp sensor? Funny thing is my buddy was tapping things with his fingers and when he tapped the kill switch it started beeping and went into reverse. is it possible that the kill switch and reverse are wired into a same circuit and when it gets warm it causes a issue that send it to limp mode? We are at a loss here because it is just weird that we can restart it and ride it a bit and it goes back into limp. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Check your battery using a digital volt meter with the sled not running. You should read roughly 12.8 VDC. If less, you may need a new battery.

Now start your sled and check the battery again. You should read at least 13.4 VDC (I think) which verifies that your charging system is working. If not, check all of the connections from the engine to the voltage regulator and to the battery.

My gut is telling me that you battery is not charging and the voltage drops below 12 after 8 to 10 miles.. I have a lot of experience with 600 SDIs, which they doo need a solid 12 volts to the ECM or goofy things like you're experiencing happen. So far, I have not had to mess with my 600 etec. :smile_old:

Good luck,

Paul

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
not sure how this would relate to a etec but I had a 600 sdi that went into limp mode, dealer told me it needed flashed or it would come back again, and again whenever the condition that caused it happens again, typically this happens when the engine get's hot. cost me 25.00 and 10 minutes.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Same symptoms on my 09' 600 e-tec .. It was a bad coil.. Not too expensive to replace..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts