Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a question for you guys and gals with an rev xp 800 (carbed)
I just bought my bros old sled (2008 rev xp 800)
The last engine in it blew up he had vforce reads and a mbrp can on it.
It's all back to stock with the new engine in now.

Well I want to put them back on but don't want it to Go boom again
I've looked for jetting specs but can't seem to find any info for my application
I was just wondering if anyone on here would have an idea of what main and pilot jet I should be using and anything else I should be doing?
I'm about 200 feet or so above sea level

Thanks. In advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply
I thought I would have to go bigger on the main not smaller ?

Having another problem now the sled is pre detonating like crazy from like 6 grand and up
Going to go have a look and take the carbs and stuff off to see if I might be able to find an issue

Any idea what might be causing this ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Clean your carbs thoroughly and do what I said and your sled will run like a champ.

You do not want to go any bigger on the mains. 470's will be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks I will try it out.

Do you think that could have something to do with the pre detention problem ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I still run my 08 800R with 470 mains (one size smaller due to dark plugs at WOT). Needles shimmed .020 and stock 017 Pilots. Stock pilots still tend to idle high but keep mileage decent. 0.020 shims on the needles cured and spark knock on midrange provided carbs are clean.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I still run my 08 800R with 470 mains (one size smaller due to dark plugs at WOT). Needles shimmed .020 and stock 017 Pilots. Stock pilots still tend to idle high but keep mileage decent. 0.020 shims on the needles cured and spark knock on midrange provided carbs are clean.
I agree Mike, I ran the stock 17.5 pilots too and just backed my fuel screws out an additional 1/2 turn.

I suggested 20 pilots because that works too.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have talked to a bunch on this and decided that I would go with a 500 main and 20 pilot . runs great and pulls hard . I am sure leaning out on top makes more power but I checked my plugs the other day and they were a chocolate brown color . I know it is rich but with the rep of the 08's it is the set up I feel most comfortable with . just bought this sled and it did not make it to 3200 miles before a melt down ( happened 2 years ago and was fixed by previous owner ) . I do not see mid range very often usually running 6500 rpm or higher and very happy with the color of my plugs . I am not a carb guy but I believe this is a good set up . sled is also good on fuel .....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks guys for all the help.
So got the engine back in last night I got some new carb boots put the reads in and the mbrp can on cleaned the carbs really good not really that dirty to begin with tho.
It starts up and runs great but when I'm at around 6000 rpm there is a wild pre dentition in the engine I thought by re jetting would solve the problem but I guess not

Any ides on this would be very helpful to me
I bought the sled drove for 15 minutes and have worked on it now for like 10 hours I just want to drive it problem free lol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I found out what was making the noise
The starter gear was rubbing on the starter ring on the clutch at higher rpm range.
So one more thing to look into lol

Thanks for all the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts